Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #51
deaDFisHFood
Dragon

haha... i think he read your mind... lol... funny how fishes react when you think about doing something to them. I remembered that i once toyed with the idea of selling of my sumi-less maruyama sanke. the next week, sumi spots started developing all over. As we speak, the sumi is still getting darker Looks different from when i last took the pict a few weeks ago
deaDFisHFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #52
v.jay

Thumbs up

Wow bro, its a fantastic and brillant good idea in transforming the planter box into a miracle setup indoor pond. Its very marvellous and admirable. Please keep us update. Cheers V.jay
Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #53
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.jay View Post
Wow bro, its a fantastic and brillant good idea in transforming the planter box into a miracle setup indoor pond. Its very marvellous and admirable. Please keep us update. Cheers V.jay
Thanks bro! Inside my flat no space anymore (i used to have a 6x3x2 FGT in my bedroom below my Loft Bed), so left the planter box outside my window to exploit... Main pblm is filtration, so had to improvise & do Wc often.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #54
innovest_11
Dragon

so how do you do wc for your planter box? put in a pump to pump out water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
Thanks bro! Inside my flat no space anymore (i used to have a 6x3x2 FGT in my bedroom below my Loft Bed), so left the planter box outside my window to exploit... Main pblm is filtration, so had to improvise & do Wc often.
innovest_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #55
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovest_11 View Post
so how do you do wc for your planter box? put in a pump to pump out water?
The traditional way that my dad taught me since i was a kid.... Connect a hose to nearest toilet & suck from one end... no need pump... Planter box is above my floor level...
Old 08-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #56
Rock

Quote:
The traditional way that my dad taught me since i was a kid.... Connect a hose to nearest toilet & suck from one end... no need pump... Planter box is above my floor level...
Ha.. Dangerous. Wait accidentally swallow.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #57
~y0n9q1n~
Senior Dragon

Quote:
boss, no need to suck, if u got a long hose, suck till faint ah( i did it onces when i was young, i can still rem i drank the water in)i saw my uncle did the other way, he connect a hose from the tank to the toilet, put the hose into the tap(like refilling water back to tank). after u turn on the tap, wait for afew seconds and pull out the hose, the water will bounce back.
~y0n9q1n~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #58
FD3S
Dragon

Quote:

Just to share, another way is to set up the hose as you would, one end at the nearest toilet, then from the other end, submerge say 2-3ft of the hose into the tank and let water fill up the hose. Then cover the end of the hose with your thumb and pull out the 2-3ft of water with your thumb still in the tank. Release your thumb instantly and water should flow to the toilet.

Sounds complicated but I assure you it's much less complicated then it reads. HTH
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:04 AM   #59
terence28

Thanks bros for all yr suggestions. I already say traditional way mah....
Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #60
dennisup

nice mini pond n nice koi, those koi u pick yourself from nkf ?