Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 04-05-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
DeviLFisH

Question what decoration do u places for goldfish tank

I saw some place those fake plastic grass like carpet ones

but heard that once u placed will be very hard to clean ur tanks
Old 04-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #2
Freddy
Arofanatic

Default Re: decoration for GF tank

Bro. actualy no need to put in ani decor thin inside ur tank... dats my point of view. coz it will easily when come to clean ur tank. it convenient n save u lots of time. specialy GF eat lots n shit lots. partly they also need lots of space to exersice leh... if u insist wan to put sum decor thin. try not to put sumthin which got sharp edge. becoz GF was very culmsy fish. it may hurt their body... correct me if im wrong.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
Baruku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy
Bro. actualy no need to put in ani decor thin inside ur tank... dats my point of view. coz it will easily when come to clean ur tank. it convenient n save u lots of time. specialy GF eat lots n shit lots. partly they also need lots of space to exersice leh... if u insist wan to put sum decor thin. try not to put sumthin which got sharp edge. becoz GF was very culmsy fish. it may hurt their body... correct me if im wrong.
Yes, agreed! For gf, it is better to use bare tank. For tropical fish community tank, it is better to have some plants. If you can devote your time and effort in taking care of the plants, then use live plants, or else, nowadays there are alot of fake plastic plants look quite nice & natural, i.e. 'like real'! You may try them. With plastic plants, it is much easier to control the water quality.

Happy fish keeping!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #4
DeviLFisH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruku
Yes, agreed! For gf, it is better to use bare tank. For tropical fish community tank, it is better to have some plants. If you can devote your time and effort in taking care of the plants, then use live plants, or else, nowadays there are alot of fake plastic plants look quite nice & natural, i.e. 'like real'! You may try them. With plastic plants, it is much easier to control the water quality.

Happy fish keeping!
yup I saw some deco in some shops look nice.

but some ppl told me that fake grass hard to maintain none
Old 05-05-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
Ranchu Lover

I think most guys prefer to have bare tank and just enjoy their goldfish whereas ladies prefer the tank to be decorated. Like my wife always buying flowers to put in the house. Most of the time it will not last for more than 3 days. Still buy and buy flowers.

My wife also always asking me to buy plenty of ornaments especially the tank in my living room. I keep telling her not to waste money because it will injure the goldfish. Now I got plenty of ornaments like "shipwreck", "diving dog", "castle" etc. etc.

Now I keep TVR, my wife don't care anymore as all ranchus are in tubs.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
LVANILLA
Arofanatic

How about putting planted pots in the tank like those from the landscape. Will the soil contaminate the water, any harm to the fish?? eg. potted plants soak in water. The roots will also absorb nutrients from the water and also purify the water.
LVANILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:15 AM   #7
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVANILLA
How about putting planted pots in the tank like those from the landscape. Will the soil contaminate the water, any harm to the fish?? eg. potted plants soak in water. The roots will also absorb nutrients from the water and also purify the water.
I think, for plants to grow well, you need the tank and soil to have plenty of nutrients. This will make the water hard. Water too hard is not good for fancy goldfish. That is the reason why all TVR are kept in empty tubs or ponds.