Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 16-08-2015, 11:24 PM   #141
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
this is the acans photo

Bro, very impressive setup and yr effort! Upz 8 apples for you and yr setup!
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #142
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Hey fellas! its been a long time since i updated this thread. Mainly due to being busy serving the nation! for the past few months i did not touch the tank much and occasionally did not even do WC for up to 2 weeks. Now that i've more time, i decided to do a bigger WC (20%) and remove all the biomedia in my sump to wash!

my sump before cleaning

got to work and boy, check out the amount of detritus trapped among the rocks/equipments

1 big pail and 1 small pail worth of live rocks. and small amount of marine pure blocks, biohome plus and sera siphorex mini. the main bulk of my biomedia is the 8kg worth of liverocks. The LRs had a huge growth of sponges! that connected all the small pieces together, a pity i had to break them so that i can remove them.

After water changes and washing of biomedia done (using tank water of course!) Now you can see the wall's on my sump are pretty dirty and this is actually where i cultivate algae. i can all sorts of hair algae and cyano growing in this tank. but growth in main tank is very minimal. i guess the magic to a high nutrient tank is to know how to channel growth of algae to where you want it to be... My chaeto also grows extremely fast.

Now here's some pictures of the main tank

EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #143
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

green wall of ultra lumi GSP!

FTS:

thanks for viewing!

edit: Wrong pic for the liverock
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #144
Zhuoyuting
Dragon

Quote:
Update:

Today is my final touch up on my rocks and its finally completed!

First off, 3 base rocks were epxoyed and glued to create a stable base, 2 support branchy rocks were used to build up the foundation of the scape. You can see i used newspaper and masking tape to map out my tank so i am sure that the rock scape can fit.

Next, 4th base rock was added and i start to do the branching out part. It was really difficult from this point onwards.

Next, Rocks and zip ties were used to support the branches that were hanging in the air, They were given 24 hours for the epoxy to dry and harden before i continue my work.

A picture showing the base rocks, very stable and solid, Kind of an arc shape design that allows fishes to hide in.

Oh well, most part of the scape were completed the next day and i had forgotten to take a picture before i move on to attaching the tonga branches. So this was the almost completed scape.

Today i did the final touch up on the rocks. nothing much difference from the picture above but small tonga branches were added.

All in all, i spent a total of approx 7-8 hours scaping the rocks! 2.5 tubes of Aquapharm Epoxy, 1 tube of Bondite, 1 tube of Epo putty and 2 tubes of BSI Glue gel were used to complete this rock scape.

The rock scape also consist of 4 base rocks, 5 main supporting rocks and 8-10 medium to small tonga branches. The scape measures 70x25x25cm and the overhanging portion hangs 20cm above ground. Overall, im quite happy with the scape and wished i had more time to hunt for more suitable and branchy rocks!

Thats the end of my update today, and my tank will be arriving in 2 days time!

Thanks for viewing!
May i know where you get your rocks?

Quote:

green wall of ultra lumi GSP!

FTS:

thanks for viewing!

edit: Wrong pic for the liverock
May i know who the maker of the tank?
Normally how often you WC if so what the volume?
Now you change to LPS?
How often you on your sump tank light and what the wattage you use to light your sump up?
Zhuoyuting is offline   Reply With Quote