Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #21
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsman
Now i know what happened... omigosh! i should read sgreefclub more often.
btw, weiloong, thank u for the effort in referencing links to your point all this time. good boy...

cheerz
Yup ... just saw a thread in SRC this morning mentioning about "star glazing" to someone than to disturb someone's thread.

I think I am going to look at the star tonight and see what they can tell me
Old 24-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #22
roidan

haha ken.....everyone has different preferences lor...

but i could see you were moved by the MRC skimmers not too long ago...and yes....they are using becketts...not some revolutionary new injector hor

but becketts use quite abit of electricity lah....so not everyone is into it....sheer volume of air is very impressive....although fineness of bubbles may be inferior to the H&S/deltec needlewheels unless some *mod* is done....

Whether to order overseas or not....again up to you lor.....
if MRC, Seaquest Aquatics used to bring them in...but they have been quite inactive....

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=11457

eh....whereas most of us are pretty ok over off-topic stuff..i thought you are pretty against off-topic chat one? haha...okok..maybe not in this situation
Old 24-03-2005, 10:30 PM   #23
losmandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Yup ... just saw a thread in SRC this morning mentioning about "star glazing" to someone than to disturb someone's thread.

wow someone off-topic liao.... MODS pls do the necessary :P
Old 24-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #24
spsman

Default curious..shhh serious discussion dun disturb okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidan
firstly, every skimmer works, it is only a matter of how well each skimmer works....all i can say is that my quaduple beckett is superior leaps and bounds over my previous aquaC ev240 and H&S 150-F2001 combined (and i am only firing 2 injectors currently)

co-venture? geee...firstly, the skimmer isn't my brainchild alone...and secondly, i don't see big money in this aspect of the hobby...

to be able to sustain what i have in my system speaks alot for my skimmer...although in the background, things like liverocks, my DSB and so on may also be at play here....(and yes...i use no denitrators..haha )

but anyway, cheers....and we are off-topic again...haha
roidan, how come u fire 2 injectors yet u build a quadruple? whats the rationale to its behind?
Old 24-03-2005, 10:35 PM   #25
spsman

Default funny

Quote:

bro nim75sg, this is the LAST TIME i am gonna warn you to keep on topic.
Bro weeloong here is so nice to provide all the links to clarify on the matter and we shud give him a pat.

btw, its hazy today.. wonder what u can see.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #26
roidan

Quote:
roidan, how come u fire 2 injectors yet u build a quadruple? whats the rationale to its behind?
yo bro....

rationale is that when i have money to move to a big house like our ken here and build myself a 12ft reef or bigger......i can just fire up the other 2 for full quadruple operation.....and yes...there are no other rationales to "this rationale's behind"...hehehe

in that sense, there are no more upgrading of skimmers for me.....i just need to upgrade my place so that i can build a bigger tank u see....hahaha

as most of us should have learnt in this hobby, constant upgrading end up lose quite abit of money one....

eh...we off topic liao lah....remember why you set up this thread precisely not to engage in off topic chat? i am definitely ok with off topic chats as with many here....but some like your buddy will definitely prefer to see in-topic discussion
Old 24-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #27
spsman

Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by losmandy
Now the situation is like this. The NTUC besides your house sells the sweet for 10cents. However you still order the same sweet all the way from JB at 15cents plus 5cents for delivery. You did this because you don't like that cashier working at the NTUC.

sorry weeloong, i cannot agree to this post.
i'll buy u a lollipop next time. cheer up, good boy.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #28
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidan
haha ken.....everyone has different preferences lor...

but i could see you were moved by the MRC skimmers not too long ago...and yes....they are using becketts...not some revolutionary new injector hor

but becketts use quite abit of electricity lah....so not everyone is into it....sheer volume of air is very impressive....although fineness of bubbles may be inferior to the H&S/deltec needlewheels unless some *mod* is done....

Whether to order overseas or not....again up to you lor.....
if MRC, Seaquest Aquatics used to bring them in...but they have been quite inactive....

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=11457

Thank you for your feedback on Beckett and I am still very keen with the MRC but unfortuntely, Seaquest situation imo is similar to Octopus Bay other wise.

Electricity bill is never a concern as my bill already averages $700 monthly and an additional one hundred dollars or so doesn't create any further impact for my OC to notice.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #29
losmandy

Quote:
sorry weeloong, i cannot agree to this post.
i'll buy u a lollipop next time. cheer up, good boy.
Oh so you're the one that frequent JB :P
Later you kanna Rifle overhead then you know.

When the situation is such, I will buy from the NTUC ha ha.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:47 PM   #30
roidan

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback on Beckett and I am still very keen with the MRC but unfortuntely, Seaquest situation imo is similar to Octopus Bay other wise.

Electricity bill is never a concern as my bill already averages $700 monthly and an additional one hundred dollars or so doesn't create any further impact for my OC to notice.
yah....sometimes good products do not have a chance to reach our shores..and that's why i am always supportive of good products when i see them being brought in.....whether i am using them or not

yeah lor....i think for your home and the number of tanks you have....700plus is very reasonable liao....i know friends incurring over 1k in such electrical bills...

but u are definitely right...as long Mrs Kan does not notice the bills....who cares....hahaha