Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
Sunday
Dragon

Default OHF outlet is kicking up my sand!

I have a 2ft tank currently filtered with an OHF. I have sand in the tank. The water coming out from the outlet is hitting the sand directly underneath it and dispersing everything, thus the bottom of the tank can be seen. All this doesn't look very nice so i was wondering whether there was another way to disperse the water, like perhaps towards the pump. Rainbars perhaps? But will the piping fit the hole that's meant as the outlet on the OHF? I have zero experience with piping. Thanks and very much appreciated!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
AiZaiApple

Btw you using the single tier or mr aqua >? maybe you can DIY a L join change the water direction instead of letting it fall downwards

Old 04-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
A.SickLids
Arofanatic

Hey bro, thought mr aqua ohf comes with an elbow joint which you can fix it at your outlet? It did for my 4ft one, can't remember about my 2ft.

Opps just saw that you didn't mention you're using mr aqua. Please ignore my post

Last edited by A.SickLids; 04-04-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Euphonlst
Dragon

You can also try to get the L joint from most hardwareshop to fit your ohf outlet... Just bring the outlet to the hardwareshop and problem solve
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

yea use an L-joint. if you don't want you can put rocks at that area to deco it up instead?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiZaiApple View Post
Btw you using the single tier or mr aqua >? maybe you can DIY a L join change the water direction instead of letting it fall downwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.SickLids View Post
Hey bro, thought mr aqua ohf comes with an elbow joint which you can fix it at your outlet? It did for my 4ft one, can't remember about my 2ft.

Opps just saw that you didn't mention you're using mr aqua. Please ignore my post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonlst View Post
You can also try to get the L joint from most hardwareshop to fit your ohf outlet... Just bring the outlet to the hardwareshop and problem solve
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
yea use an L-joint. if you don't want you can put rocks at that area to deco it up instead?
Mine's not Mr. Aqua. Actually i don't know cos' i got it 2nd hand with a Dolphin 808. Right now the problem is that the outlet is a hole right? I put the small tube through it but the water isn't actually going in through the tube but rather flowing around it. Meaning the water is flowing out directly from the hole in the base tray, then following the pipe down so as to reduce noise. Very confused here. Could someone post a picture of your outlet area? Even if i went to the hardware shop now, i wouldn't know what to buy cos' i'm so confused! Many thanks for answer guys!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Kheong
Banned

Lower your pump flowrate?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheong View Post
Lower your pump flowrate?
That's not the problem. The problem here is gravity. I can't slow down the water that's flowing from the outlet. There will always be water and it will always flow downwards.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
some_1s
Arofanatic

hmmm....... u mean the water is not flowing into the pipe , but outside the pipe is it ? if this the case find a bigger pipe n glue to the bottom of the hole .
Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
some_1s
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_1s View Post
hmmm....... u mean the water is not flowing into the pipe , but outside the pipe is it ? if this the case find a bigger pipe n glue to the bottom of the hole .
sny n put a L bow with it .
Closed Thread