Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AF Organized Events

Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
jwhtan
Barney

How much AF does in it's events calender will all depend on how much the members want to have. It takes a lot of effort to do all these. Should the response be less than enthusiastic, then it will not be worth the effort to do this.
Old 16-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #12
freak85
Endangered Dragon

if u need help in settin up or mannin those PA system.. i can help...... i'm train in those system...
Old 16-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #13
ahbeng1985
Dragon

if need cows to move tanks etc can call mi
Old 16-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
D24

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak85 View Post
if u need help in settin up or mannin those PA system.. i can help...... i'm train in those system...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbeng1985 View Post
if need cows to move tanks etc can call mi

Thx guys... will add u to the Volunteer List...

D24
Old 16-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
exotic_idiot
Dragon

I can bring my family down to support also, even though would loves to help out but you know lar... family commitment... wife will nag
Old 16-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #16
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

that is the best places, bro. tks for sharing and hard work. ...chEErs
Old 16-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exotic_idiot View Post
I can bring my family down to support also, even though would loves to help out but you know lar... family commitment... wife will nag
wu kong like bo kong ....
Old 16-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
D24

AFC Committee

Hi guys

Please post your interest and all your enquiries in this thread, rather than sms, call or pm me. This will also help in getting a quick response to your questions as those who were involved in the meeting can also help answer your questions, it will also save me time in replying to multiple members.

Some of the questions I have received so far are:

Q: Is this for Aro members only?
A: No, it is for all fish hobbyists and should be a public event. However, AF members will be responsible for the organising, logistics and publicity within your community. Therefore, in addition to your own publicity, whether there are email/sms to your friends, etc, AF will be the official website for all our events.

Q: How will the CC/RC be assisting?
A: They will provide venue and some marketing to the public.

Q: Must the Event be for one specific breed of fish only?
A: No. It can be a combination of the various breeds or Freshwater Invertebrates.

Q: Must it be a competition only?
A: No. It can be a showcase of different breeds of fishes and/or seminars, without any competition, too. In fact, you can also showcase Freshwater Invertebrates together with a Flowerhorn competition Most importantly, it must be something with mass appeal and should have some education content.

Therefore, we need the various Clubs and members to come forward with their expression of interest, so that we can discuss further and then determine if we have enough volume and content to do an individual Club Event or a combined event.

Regarding requests for dates, please post your requests on this thread as dates will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Therefore, it will be transparent and fair. Please remember to indicate the number of set-up days and tear down. Would appreciate if you can provide the info in the format below:

Eg:
Set-up : 5 - 6 Mar 2009 (Thu - Fri)
Event: 7 - 8 Mar 2009 (Sat - Sun)
Tear-down: 9 Mar 2009 (Mon)

Please note that the Events Team will have overriding authority on date allocation, but rest assure that this will only be exercised when it is required.

Do note that we just had a first meeting and have not gone into great details. Therefore, once we get feedbacks from the various Clubs and is able to work out a workable arrangement/schedule, we will meet the CC/RC again to discuss details. We will certainly keep members informed and when appropriate, we will arrange a site inspection for the organisers.

D24
Old 16-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
nowhereman
Arofanatic

Maybe we can use the place as a monthly flea market kind of stuff, but only restricted to Aquarium stuff. And if the venue is free, maybe a percentage of the sales will go to the Arofantics or the CC....
Old 16-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
exotic_idiot
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
wu kong like bo kong ....
Ni chio wa bao ke... Haha try lar... Sometimes stay at home kana nag also bui ta han... Go out breath fresh air..
Closed Thread