Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Jack Poon
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 143
Rep Power: 4
Jack Poon is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 28
Default How to Start Tangas

Hi All,
Got hook on all the photo of difference fish.
What is Tangas, Want to start small. NO knowledge can recommend where to buy pair .Any type also can help me by picture so can buy the correct pair.
Or any brother had extra to sell are welcome.
Thanks
Jack Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #2
dan
Arofanatic
 
dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 110
Rep Power: 2
dan has many friendsdan has many friends
Reputation: 108
Default

http://www.captaincichlids.com/lake-tanganyika.html

Bro, tanganyika is a lake, the fishes there are many, I hv attached a site for you to look at, alternatively, you can browse under NKS, Stones or ask the lfs but the easiest wayis to follow the threads by AF, you'll learn a huge lot in how to take care and their habitat.

Happy fish keeping.

Thkq
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Brichardi
Dragon
 
Brichardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,175
Rep Power: 2
Brichardi has many friendsBrichardi has many friendsBrichardi has many friends
Reputation: 262
Default

Heya bud, will be happy to show and tell you about some tanganyikans if u're really interested. It's my pleasure to welcome hobbyists to start on tanganyikans. Drop me a line (wassap/sms) on my h/p anytime. Pls do NOT msg me in forum, thanks.

Raymond
91121679

P/S: I'm NOT a master Tangan but I'm sure I still can poison/guide you abit.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Jack Poon
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 143
Rep Power: 4
Jack Poon is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
http://www.captaincichlids.com/lake-tanganyika.html

Bro, tanganyika is a lake, the fishes there are many, I hv attached a site for you to look at, alternatively, you can browse under NKS, Stones or ask the lfs but the easiest wayis to follow the threads by AF, you'll learn a huge lot in how to take care and their habitat.

Happy fish keeping.

Thkq
Thanks bro can know the name of difference fish is eye opening.
Blessing to you
Jack Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Orhlulu
Arofanatic
 
Orhlulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 2
Orhlulu is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 33
Default

For small setups(1ft - 2 feet ft), you can look at shell dwellers (Neolamprologus) or rock dwellers (Altos)

Its a bit confusing at start but Google and AF helped me a lot when i just started out. If you have time, take up Bro Birchardi offer and you will probably save yourself a lot of time researching on the fishes.
Orhlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
Jack Poon
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 143
Rep Power: 4
Jack Poon is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orhlulu View Post
For small setups(1ft - 2 feet ft), you can look at shell dwellers (Neolamprologus) or rock dwellers (Altos)

Its a bit confusing at start but Google and AF helped me a lot when i just started out. If you have time, take up Bro Birchardi offer and you will probably save yourself a lot of time researching on the fishes.
Thanks bro
Will ask Bro Birchardi to help and be my mentor how to move about
Jack Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
whitedash
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 234
Rep Power: 2
whitedash is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 68
Default

Yes Bro Birchardi is very knowledgable. You have found yourself a good mentor.
whitedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
dan
Arofanatic
 
dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 110
Rep Power: 2
dan has many friendsdan has many friends
Reputation: 108
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Heya bud, will be happy to show and tell you about some tanganyikans if u're really interested. It's my pleasure to welcome hobbyists to start on tanganyikans. Drop me a line (wassap/sms) on my h/p anytime. Pls do NOT msg me in forum, thanks.

Raymond
91121679

P/S: I'm NOT a master Tangan but I'm sure I still can poison/guide you abit.
So nice of someone to extent a hand like that....thumbs up bro, Brichardi
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #9
johannes
Moderator
 
johannes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,906
Rep Power: 9
johannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personalityjohannes is a famous personality
Reputation: 2366
Default

Bro Brichardi is one of the Tanganyikan old birds
Won't go wrong
__________________
Life is full of empty promises and broken dreams
johannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #10
Jack Poon
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 143
Rep Power: 4
Jack Poon is neutral, pH7
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Bro Brichardi is one of the Tanganyikan old birds
Won't go wrong
Yes He is helpful will arrange to met him and learn
God Bless
Jack Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)