Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 29-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
Arokeeper

Default Tank using Ecosand system

Any Ecosand fanatics using the system pls come in and share your experiences

Currently I have been using for a year now. So far so good. My aro and tankmates are doing fine.

Water parameter was stable throughout the whole year. Just had the 1st yearly maintenance last week. Surprising I had my doubts when doing the maintenance
But after seeing how the fishes are quarantine nicely and safe and the tank fully cleaned up, I must say I made the correct choice.

Any hobbyist taking up this system also? Care to share comments

Still not sure how to upload photos here. Any bros can advise

Cheers
Arokeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Can't wait to see your pictures ...
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #3
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Can't wait to see your pictures ...
Actually if u want to see, can dropped by ST 82(beisde rainbow) to view. It's at the second row. If I did not remember wrongly, they use porous stones and sand as filter media or bacteria house. Sort of like nature doing what nature should do.

Anyway I am curious on the details too as I never asked much when I went in the other time.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Arokeeper

U can drop by look for Willy. He's the man who did all the setup and maintenance for me. Hardworking guy I must say.

Actually 1 year ago when I first started the hobby, I also did quite a research regarding which tank system to use. Sump, overhead filtration, canister are my 3 main consideration. Until I stumble upon Ecosand. To be honest I do have my doubts initially till I went down to have a look. Understand a bit here and there. Then I just go for it due to the simplicity and convenience. Must say I took a gamble haha. But nevertheless, I didn't regret after all. It did serves its purpose and most impt my time. At least I can go oversea work with a piece of mine.

Go have a look if interested. No harm asking.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #5
Aro77
Dragon

Welcome to AF

Looking forward to seeing your photos
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #6
Arokeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
Welcome to AF

Looking forward to seeing your photos

Will do will do 😁

Old 30-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #7
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arokeeper View Post
U can drop by look for Willy. He's the man who did all the setup and maintenance for me. Hardworking guy I must say.

Actually 1 year ago when I first started the hobby, I also did quite a research regarding which tank system to use. Sump, overhead filtration, canister are my 3 main consideration. Until I stumble upon Ecosand. To be honest I do have my doubts initially till I went down to have a look. Understand a bit here and there. Then I just go for it due to the simplicity and convenience. Must say I took a gamble haha. But nevertheless, I didn't regret after all. It did serves its purpose and most impt my time. At least I can go oversea work with a piece of mine.

Go have a look if interested. No harm asking.

Cheers

Want to see your tank bioload la. Ecosand system there are many in net or fb, just those setup the bioload not very high so not really impressive from the amazing price tag...

And I understand is transferable to another tank but has to pay quite a big sum for the "pro" to settle the transfer and setup?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 12:01 AM   #8
Arokeeper

As for bio load I dun know how to calculate. Currently I have a red aro , 4 frontosa, 4 loaches and a flowerhorn.

I dun think I would want to stuff so many fishes in my tank also.

Regarding the transfer, no comment la bro. I got this system as a new tank. So hard to explain in this situation.

Some more I dun really feed so heavily, so bioload to me not really a big issue. Main thing is I just wanna enjoy and relax to see the fishes when I back home everyday. That's all about this hobby. Maybe I'm lazy doing maintenance, that's why I opt for this system

Cheers

Old 31-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #9
Arokeeper

Most important, I wanna be the master of the fishes, not the other way round. 😂 In the case if bioload really go crazy, just do some partial water on a regular basis la. But throughout the past year, I have been monitoring the parameter closely. Ammonia, nitrite in good order. Nitrates also quite stable

Old 31-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #10
Arokeeper

Anyway I'm just sharing my experiences, not doing any advertising work. So long the fishes all ok, I'm ok also😬