Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 12-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Planted

Default My future Discus Tank

Hi guys, spent 3hrs last night trying to get this done. hope you guys will like this simple tank setup.

Current residents include glass shrimps to clear microorganism and tiny food particles. 4 nerite snails to clear algae and other microorganism.

Fishes to come:
Boraras brigittae
Microrasbora sp. "Galaxy"
Ottos
Discus

May cover the background in black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	228906_10150268688790849_533450848_8180300_5489235_n.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	286481  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
BettaCloud

Good luck in your new project! do update when you add in the fishes!!
Old 13-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Eric9013

Bro great effort but added glass shrimp may be a pain to remove completely after you are done with their work
Old 13-08-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
Apistoinka

Nice one there bro... Can see mainly low tech plant... But the red plant seems not to be a aquarium plant... Do take note...
Old 13-08-2011, 03:07 AM   #5
BettaCloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apistoinka View Post
Nice one there bro... Can see mainly low tech plant... But the red plant seems not to be a aquarium plant... Do take note...
Uh oh to bro planted. Haha. Btw bro apistoinka, im also learning about plants, mind sharing what is the name of the red plant?
Old 13-08-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
Apistoinka

If I'm not wrong tat is a land plant bettacloud bro... I also dunno the name... Did u buy it attach to wood or something... I'm not a pro too but for wat I know is not aquatic plant... Other bros pls correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 13-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #7
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
If I'm not wrong tat is a land plant bettacloud bro... I also dunno the name... Did u buy it attach to wood or something... I'm not a pro too but for wat I know is not aquatic plant... Other bros pls correct me if I'm wrong...
I'm generally very wary of buying plants attached on wood, esp if i can't identify the plant type. First few times buying plants attached to wood, I encountered the plants attached to the DW by drilling holes into it and stuffing the whole plant in and then keeping it in position by silicon. Nowadays i only buy plants in loose form and only after i can confirm the ID of the plant. A lot of work, but it saves me heartache everytime i realise i got conned.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planted View Post
Hi guys, spent 3hrs last night trying to get this done. hope you guys will like this simple tank setup.

Current residents include glass shrimps to clear microorganism and tiny food particles. 4 nerite snails to clear algae and other microorganism.

Fishes to come:
Boraras brigittae
Microrasbora sp. "Galaxy"
Ottos
Discus

May cover the background in black.
Bro planted, can i ask what plants you have used and how you have planted them in? Looks like some JF and Nanas and JF Windelov... But can't see clearly coz viewing from Ipad. Pic a bit small
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
BettaCloud

Quote:
I saw at c328, the one bro TS bought. Interesting plant. ;P C328 selling these with holes drilled on dw.
Old 13-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #10
Planted

Quote:
Thanks Bro Apistoinka for highlighting it to me. Yup, wanted to buy Blyxa Japonica but ended up buying this to try out. I believe this plant is a vivarium plant where the stems hits the water but the leaves remain in the air. Well, gonna test it out to see if i can survive in a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Bro planted, can i ask what plants you have used and how you have planted them in? Looks like some JF and Nanas and JF Windelov... But can't see clearly coz viewing from Ipad. Pic a bit small
I used mainly ferns, Java and Windelov tied to driftwood, then i stick the wood into the soil, exposing the rhizome of the ferns. Anuabia is already tied to the driftwood when i bought it. I will post an update when my fishes are ready to be in. may be doing some more scape if i can find the plants i want. the left side needs some smaller plant to replace the current setup to make it nicer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaCloud View Post
I saw at c328, the one bro TS bought. Interesting plant. ;P C328 selling these with holes drilled on dw.
Bingo is your name! Bought it from C328, spent hours looking through the many choices they have displayed.