Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss

Old 26-09-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
davidfung
Arofanatic

Default Help needed

Dear bros...

I have got a jing gang in a new 4ft tank... initially when transfer him over, he was not eating and not active (I tot he was stress because of new tank) but as of today, which is abt 1.5 week.. it has white spots on its fin and his eyes became cloudy.. may I know what happen? It happen to my 2 small luohan in another tank too... very heart pain... I used to feed dry pallets to the baby luohan... only yesterday I feed fbw... now like that...

Pls help...

Thank u...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
davidfung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
radiolite22

The white spots and cloudy eyes are due to poor water quality. When was the last time you did the water change? How often do you change the water and what kind of filtration system you using?

I will suggest do at least a 40% water change and add salt 0.1% and heater (31°c). You should see improvements in about 3 days. Reduce feeding during this period.

If need to medicate, I will suggest dosing aquamedic multicure. Quite useful for general infections.
Old 28-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
davidfung
Arofanatic

Bro I usually wc every 2 days.. I using internal filter and ohf for baby luohan cos the tank is rather small. I did add some rid all anti ich n yellow powder. But still the same.

Old 28-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
sthh
Arofanatic

You may need to check the water parameters. Cloudy eyes are usually triggered by bad water. I second doing more water change.

Do you have another tank with established filters? Maybe you can consider seeding this tank filter with some media from there.
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
davidfung
Arofanatic

The ph was 7.5 and ammonia 0.25
I got no morw tank already.

Old 29-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
sthh
Arofanatic

I wouldn't medicate for fishes with cloudy eyes and white spots, unless white spot is very serious.

If you do large water change daily and feed less, the fishes will recover easier, then if you start medicating.

Remember to siphon the bottom of the tank daily when you do water change. At our temperature, the life cycle of white spot parasite will be cleared by 7 days, and you will notice the cloudy eyes of your fish go away with just water change.
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
bichirs

Change your wool if any when water change, add some salt and increase the air rate and temp. Should clear within a week .
bichirs is offline   Reply With Quote