Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 21-03-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
Barra21

Default sump

Hi there pple,

Was wondering if any of u has any ideas on using a sump with a main tank with no pre-drilled holes to connect to the sump.

i was thinking of using a pump to pump water up to the main tank from the sump and use a siphon back to the sump.. but kinda risky i guess if the siphon flow rate is higher or slower. can cause a heck of a mess.
Old 21-03-2004, 11:57 PM   #2
KaLiB

There's a product called I-box which is for tanks without pre-drilled holes, go check out the Sponsor's forum in sgreefclub.
KaLiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
devilfire

Quote:
Originally posted by KaLiB
There's a product called I-box which is for tanks without pre-drilled holes, go check out the Sponsor's forum in sgreefclub.
look 4 ian n he'll give u recommendations on the return pump ratings. he is a friendly guy.
Old 22-03-2004, 03:03 PM   #4
mansiz

The I-box is really wonderful. I am really interested in it. But I wonder if I just purchase the I-Box, without the I-tub, could the I-box be fix with my old tank? Because I have an empty tank below my reef tank, both are 2 feet. Or it really doesn't matter whether what sump box you are using? And where is those 4 shops that sell the I-box ah? Why they just gave us telephone number and no address one.
Old 22-03-2004, 03:11 PM   #5
jeff thong

Default serangoon north

Quote:
Originally posted by mansiz
The I-box is really wonderful. I am really interested in it. But I wonder if I just purchase the I-Box, without the I-tub, could the I-box be fix with my old tank? Because I have an empty tank below my reef tank, both are 2 feet. Or it really doesn't matter whether what sump box you are using? And where is those 4 shops that sell the I-box ah? Why they just gave us telephone number and no address one.
you may easily from from the hardware shop @ serangoon north corner hardware shop beside the birdshop/pet clinic and customise to yr own need. But i think you may face piping problem and the water flow fluency,upper tier would be much ideal.
Old 22-03-2004, 03:19 PM   #6
devilfire

Quote:
try e aquarist at siglap. call 64482307 n look 4 david.
Old 22-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
mansiz

Any one of the 4 shops locate near the west area of S'pore? Siglap road is far man, marine parade there, if I got problem with the installation, it would be difficult for me to ask. Or maybe central area or north area also can. Or maybe got any near MRT stations? Hehe.
Old 22-03-2004, 04:54 PM   #8
devilfire

Quote:
Any one of the 4 shops locate near the west area of S'pore? Siglap road is far man, marine parade there, if I got problem with the installation, it would be difficult for me to ask. Or maybe central area or north area also can. Or maybe got any near MRT stations? Hehe.
dun worry, they might provide some after sales services at your place.
Old 22-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #9
mansiz

Hmm, that sounds good, and I just got the location of the place and is quite accessible. BTW, how much approximately does the I-box + pipes + a powerhead to pump water up cost ah?
Old 22-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #10
aCe^bOwleRz

Quote:
Originally posted by KaLiB
hi...

can any1 explain to me wat's this I-box...?
wat's the purpose?