Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 28-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #241
CyberET

ok, found this, very informative i think for large water usage, turbo cleaners are more suitable for the job

Last edited by CyberET; 28-06-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Old 29-06-2003, 07:19 AM   #242
Kawai

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberET
erm.. whats the price range like? if my water level in the pond is always changing due to evaporation etc.. drops 2" - 3" a day if hot weather, do I have to keep adjusting it? lets say i don't see anymore foam on my surface, do i still need it anymore? besides reducing foarm, what benefits does it have? remove carbon helps in what? seems like an expensive toy just to remove foam le, too much carbon what happens?
I purchased mine for $35, it is called power skimmer. There are bigger ones with bigger name and price, but I reckon a chamber with water flowing through in a circular motion and against the air current is all I need. There are other designs too and I don't think DIY is all that difficult if you can't find a suitable one in the market.

If you have the skimmer working in a sump, would that be possible? I am not sure how your pond filteration is set up.

Last edited by Kawai; 30-06-2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 30-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #243
CyberET

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawai
I purchased my for $35, it is called power skimmer. There are bigger ones with bigger name and price, but I reckon a chamber with water flowing through in a circular motion and against the air current is all I need. There are other designs too and I don't think DIY is all that difficult if you can't find a suitable one in the market.

If you have the skimmer working in a sump, would that be possible? I am not sure how your pond filteration is set up.
don't think it would be useful due to the usage, currentely don't have foam unless i overfeed got spare money then maybe use turbo cleaner