Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 30-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
keefespadesgoh

Default fastest way to pump up rays

any bro willing to share their preferred way to pump up their rays ? im currenly keeping them in a 6x2.5x2.5 .factors like diet, water current , water change routine. thanks
keefespadesgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
kepala sakit
Dragon

I once kept a pair of Sakura rays for 18 months from a mere 8'' to 23''. No WC, diet sotong all the way. The pair got up the lolly from feeding MP while I'm oversea. Haizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
Tay
Dragon

Simple, feed few times like 4 to 5 times a day, feed just enuf and don over do it. Impt is don feed only 1 single food, cfm will kill ur rays. Do a mix diet is best.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:22 AM   #4
marshy

Senior Moderator

No WC for 18 months will kill your Rays too.. Unless you are water god like KS....
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #5
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
No WC for 18 months will kill your Rays too.. Unless you are water god like KS....
Cfm la. No matter wat u do to ur filtration, no matter wat u add to ur water, no water change mean toxic in long run.

Sad to mention, my gd frd breeding BDs for 2 to 3 yrs doing minimum wc, end up.loosing 7 big fm BDs recently. We learn as go go along, no wc is no no no for rays.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #6
marshy

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Cfm la. No matter wat u do to ur filtration, no matter wat u add to ur water, no water change mean toxic in long run.

Sad to mention, my gd frd breeding BDs for 2 to 3 yrs doing minimum wc, end up.loosing 7 big fm BDs recently. We learn as go go along, no wc is no no no for rays.
Not if you can create magic water or have filtration technology that even Hyflux would have to kowtow to. Maybe you and your breeder friend should seek KS' expertise in this..
Old 01-07-2015, 12:39 AM   #7
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
Not if you can create magic water or have filtration technology that even Hyflux would have to kowtow to. Maybe you and your breeder friend should seek KS' expertise in this..
Errrrrrr...... no need la. I may not be super expert, but i learned my lesson over these 8 to 10 yrs on rays. Magic water, single diet, no water change, etc..... end up ... die for sure cfm chop
Old 01-07-2015, 07:10 AM   #8
kepala sakit
Dragon

Hehehe...mai suan la, a SM and a LJ speaks with spike (Big names is for biG mouth use to trash ppl. de) nothing great juz mimic the nature to it best. Btw. I only use J matt for my self design sump, a self develop fresh water protien skimmer (no need power to operate de) self develop AC and conditioner...:
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #9
marshy

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepala sakit View Post
Hehehe...mai suan la, a SM and a LJ speaks with spike (Big names is for biG mouth use to trash ppl. de) nothing great juz mimic the nature to it best. Btw. I only use J matt for my self design sump, a self develop fresh water protien skimmer (no need power to operate de) self develop AC and conditioner...:
Wow!
You managed to develop extremely efficient Protein Skimmer that no only works in FW plus no need power to operate! And I'm guessing it must be pretty small enough to fit in a typical Sump Cabinet!

Do Share your Protein Skimmer leh! You have a world class tech here that can earn millions and I hope you had it Patented as well!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #10
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepala sakit View Post
I just replied to bro Marshy on his post not urs. I am exchanging pts with him not u. Why do u need to get sensitive and use LJ words. Haizzz..... i just posted to share some experience on how to keep rays only la. Haizzz ..... think better don talk too much...

However, i believed my pts stated are true. All rays keepers can be my witnesses lor.......

Last edited by Tay; 01-07-2015 at 09:42 AM.