Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 14-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #31
Goldling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
You like to show me that potential fish of yours?
Pai seh to show online.. later kenna criticise. is a SVR.
Old 14-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #32
MiuMiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldling View Post
Tat the idea of sharing, the best is yet to be
Old 14-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #33
Machoranchu

Quote:
How many bros here will criticize your fish? I doubt so. Most of them will probably say "Nice bro", "Cute bro", "Good catch".

How to improve yourself as a groomer if people just keep praising? Always take critcism as a form of constructive comment so you'll know where to improve your fish or know how to select a better piece next time.

If you're seriously interested in grooming a show grade or champion and yet still worried about being criticize, then that is not the way to go about. I might sound abit harsh but hey, no offense alright.
Old 14-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #34
dragonhart
Dragon

f) use it to cover the eyes of the judge. aka eyes kenna stamp...this one showgrade ok...

think about this: we go to some goldfish specialty LFS, the owner show u the showgrade fishes....ok these are showgrade SVR! price $$$

as long as all the fins are there, got some head growth, back smooth...showgrade liao...
now the back is the tricky part...what is smooth? centre part too high call: high back.
too straight: got TVR blood, somemore "this will be a big fish 8 inches!"...sometimes says "champion to be"..."future fish"...."u must learn to see the future of the fish"

KNN he can says anything he want....

At the end , U still buy......pay $$$ i got myself a showgrade leh....enter competition...get trophy somemore....sometimes i think the competition is about who has the deepest pocket to buy better fishes.

just for a good laugh......ha ha ha
no offence ok?

Quote:
Bros,

lets discuss. If you are given $100 budget to groom a 4" Ranchu (Grade A) into a competition standard (Show Grade) say around 6" in 3 months. What will you do?

a) Environment
b) Tank/Tub
c) Food
d) Water
e) Others
f) Cheats. hehe
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #35
Goldling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoranchu View Post
How many bros here will criticize your fish? I doubt so. Most of them will probably say "Nice bro", "Cute bro", "Good catch".

How to improve yourself as a groomer if people just keep praising? Always take critcism as a form of constructive comment so you'll know where to improve your fish or know how to select a better piece next time.

If you're seriously interested in grooming a show grade or champion and yet still worried about being criticize, then that is not the way to go about. I might sound abit harsh but hey, no offense alright.
Yeah sure.. I know. ok I go prepare my camera.
Old 14-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #36
dragonhart
Dragon

ya ya ya...agree agree. "How to improve yourself as a groomer if people just keep praising?"

people here scare to give negative comments....coz many times the newbie pay $$$(200+) sure unhappy if show pic then get negative comments...then feels like a fool.
so people here always "nice, nice catch, cute fish...etc" this is polite but the buyer will not learn anything....especially how to not to be conned...or rather buy an over priced fish.....

well if u have $$$$, u want to spend it this way...it is your choice...
problem is the newbie dunno how to groom....so fr "showgrade" can become Grade A in a matter of months.

i think many of us made this mistake, myself included....spend $$$ and watch the showgrade degrade in your hand.

hence,
1. pick up a decent fish
2. learn from bros here how to groom, find out the most comfortable way to groom it..
3. then u can pay $$$ for better quality fish...

remember if u buy a fish that is already developed......peak liao....after a peak next is downhill all the way man...

i am still learning......no fish to show yet...

Quote:

dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #37
lohsinlong
Dragon

Quote:

I do agreed with Bro Macho very much. Cause, if u want to learn, u need to learn on how to accept criticism. Just like me, I have kena criticism from Bro Gloomis alot liao. He have taught me alot on how to choose a choose SVR. He even come to my house and say that some of my fish CMI. But i do accept his criticism, or else, how do we actually improve. As time go by, i felt that i am a better player than in the past. Choosing a TVR and SVR is a total different ballgame.
Remember: THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF CHOOSING A FISH IS DO NOT LOOK AT THE COLOR OF THE FISH 1ST. Color shld be the last thing in ur mind when it come choosing a perfect fish.
For SVR: IMO, the curve, the shape and the tail is the most important thing that I look out for. Next will be the anal fin, scale, eye and etc
For TVR: The tail, peducle, swimming pattern, scale and etc will be one of the utmost factor in choosing a fish. COLOR WILL BE THE LAST.
lohsinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #38
PatrikLim
Dragon

Quote:

nobody dare to say you before you are macho as your avatar
PatrikLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #39
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart View Post
f)

At the end , U still buy......pay $$$ i got myself a showgrade leh....enter competition...get trophy somemore....sometimes i think the competition is about who has the deepest pocket to buy better fishes.

Different people have different aims when they enter a competition. Some want a gauge of how good they groom their fishes, thus they buy their fishes some time ago, spend alot of effort to groom the fishes, then enter for competition. Some just want to win, so they buy the best before the competition and enter the fishes.

Different people have different joys in life. Some will be overjoyed if they win while the rest will be very happy when they groom a small fish to become a big fish.

Ultimately, you just got to deal with it lor. This doesnt just happen to ranchu competition but to any other competitions also.

If you can buy a fish and win, good for you and proves that you have a good eye for fish. If you can groom a fish and win, you are really somebody and people will give you the respect you deserve lor.
CullTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #40
Machoranchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrikLim View Post
nobody dare to say you before you are macho as your avatar
Erm I'm not macho at all, probably 1/4 of this fella in my avatar.

If you talk too much and give criticisms, people will think "Wahh so ya-ya papaya, like you know alot like this?" Sad to say, that's the mentality of most people. So most will choose to take the 'safer' route.

Honestly who don't like to listen to good comments? If you buy a crap fish and people (even if they don't like) still say its nice or cute because they don't know what else is left to compliment, next time you'll go to the LFS and just buy the fish of the same standard, if not worse. Of cause, if you wanna buy a fish, post a pic and just listen to good comments then so be it. We can always choose to stay in the same spot or always open up to these constructive comments in a positive manner in an effort to move up another level up. I may not be a big player in this hobby, but my passion for it makes me want to find out and learn more.

My point is if you're prepared to buy a fish, that means you're prepared to commit yourself to improving its well being, and not buy to watch it degrade. If not, it will be like flushing your hard-earned money down the drain.

Last edited by Machoranchu; 14-04-2008 at 08:09 PM.