Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #71
Absolute Ranchu

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuac
Agree, balance is the important point to achieve. As mentioned, I am newbie, not in the position to judge or classify the ranchu grade.

Usually, I will evaluate ranchu in such a way:
I) Shape
- Head
- Body
- Tail
- Size

II) Scale
- Color
- Overlapping

III) Swim behaviour.

These are merely personal preferences, nothing to do with standard.

Rgds

You are right on with your criterion. Congratulation, you have just graduated from the Newbies class. You are now a novice. Congrat.

Swimming behavior (gait) is the result of the combined factors you listed above. The Nichiran Standards set standards for every important part of ranchus that will effect the swimming gait. The fish with the complete set of characteristics will have a beautiful swimming gait. This, in a nutshell, is what topview is all about. Not much different, I don't think. A good topview should be a good sideview. What do you think?

Last edited by Absolute Ranchu; 27-04-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Old 27-04-2004, 10:46 PM   #72
Absolute Ranchu

Smile Abolute Sideviews

Dear Members,

I went to the farm today, sat down and picked out some fish for you sideview lovers. Hope you like the pics. Let me know what you think people. I will keep these and make them much bigger. My fish has excellent headgrowth so they should be even better bigger. Picture them at about 6-7 inches. I will keep you posted.

Sawasdee krap

Old 27-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #73
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Ranchu
Dear Members,

I went to the farm today, sat down and picked out some fish for you sideview lovers. Hope you like the pics. Let me know what you think people. I will keep these and make them much bigger. My fish has excellent headgrowth so they should be even better bigger. Picture them at about 6-7 inches. I will keep you posted.

Sawasdee krap
actually i personally dun mind smaller fishes. but hmm personally thinks that side view fish should have no bumbs or depression at the back@@)
Old 27-04-2004, 11:49 PM   #74
thuac

er......! I saw a lot of good topview having a poor sideview.

Quote:
You are right on with your criterion. Congratulation, you have just graduated from the Newbies class. You are now a novice. Congrat.

Swimming behavior (gait) is the result of the combined factors you listed above. The Nichiran Standards set standards for every important part of ranchus that will effect the swimming gait. The fish with the complete set of characteristics will have a beautiful swimming gait. This, in a nutshell, is what topview is all about. Not much different, I don't think. A good topview should be a good sideview. What do you think?

Old 28-04-2004, 12:18 AM   #75
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuac
er......! I saw a lot of good topview having a poor sideview.
most of the time puke disgusting side view
Old 28-04-2004, 01:09 AM   #76
silvanus

Quote:
Dear Members,

Sawasdee krap
Hmm..
i can see them on friday.

Old 28-04-2004, 10:39 AM   #77
Absolute Ranchu

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvanus
Hmm..
i can see them on friday.
Have a safe journey Brother Silvanus, and I look forward to welcoming you at the farm on Friday. Please kindly call me when you arrive so we can talk about directions, when you are ready. Hope you have a peaceful time at the temples,as well.

Peace

Pat

Old 28-04-2004, 07:33 PM   #78
Absolute Ranchu

There must be a lot of topview of that quality in SG. (Puke quality) A good topview is a good sideview, period. You should study the standards a bit and do not listen too much to the fish dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingdedao
most of the time puke disgusting side view

Old 28-04-2004, 07:35 PM   #79
Absolute Ranchu

Cool

I might not be really good at culling sideview yet, but I don't think no one can beat the prices that I have with these quality fish that's in great condition. I have been seeing pictures of your sideview that shops at LFS sell, the bad ones are like 60-70 dollars. How come they can sell so many if everyone's standards are so high?

Old 28-04-2004, 07:43 PM   #80
nismoman77
Dragon

Quote:
I might not be really good at culling sideview yet, but I don't think no one can beat the prices that I have with these quality fish that's in great condition. I have been seeing pictures of your sideview that shops at LFS sell, the bad ones are like 60-70 dollars. How come they can sell so many if everyone's standards are so high?

$60-$70, but do they sell is another ? mark..

Some $30-$45 can match those $60-$70..

Some claim AA-AAA or showclass but does not justify the px tags at all..
Closed Thread