Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 31-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #31
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
But my poor knee and those old folks... how to climb so high? My knees are crying out already.
Don't worry.....maybe next time they will implement new measures to retain or sell the lower floor units to older folks with discounts......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Like what you said, blackouts don't happen that often.....once I got it when I think lightning strike or dunno what during heavy rain.....and all the lifts homed to the ground......so i got no choice but to climb the stairs to get home.......to be fair the maintenance guys turned up pretty fast......
Yes u said it right. Maintenance guys have a response time to meet and if they exceed that time, sure kana summon. I am in this line and I know how stingy some officers are. Cannot even late by a min.

Well that means ur block earthing is not good if whole block kana blackout during lightning storm. Chance for u to do what u best at.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
Punggol where many flats are so near to the multi-storey car park that the lights from the cars shines into the flat. Is that considered good design?
Free illumination, help you save money. Also free jagar for the car owner. Dual purpose.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #34
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Yup, i got stuck once and had to walk up 18 stories to reach home........plus I have phobia on fire in high rise buildings....maybe watched too many of those Tower Inferno movies.......
Wor, you still remember this movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopy View Post
bro, climbing 50 storey up to your home is no joke. That time my block blackout and I had to walk 17 storey up to my house.... is worst then hell. imagine those senior citizen... walking down also sibei siong....
my friend stays on the 43rd floor of the Pinnacles. I asked him to get rdy a list of numbers for the nearby budget hostels, in the event the lifts ever break down when he reach home...
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #35
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Did u all lodge a complain about the blackout that happens so often? Or just live with it?
Already KPKB liao la... TC say... first 2 times was some issue wif the power box or dunno wad crap, prob fixed... next thing u know within the month... Pak.. one more time, diff blk.

Aiyah. my area estate ppl only know how post on FB la...
Even see ppl suspect break in also post on FB.. not call mata...

Anyway.. damn cute one la.. 1 neighbour shared that his wall leak water.. next thing u know, another 2-3 units also feedback they have same issue.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
Those living in older estates are better off than the new ones which may look nice and all that, but at the end of the day, people prefer privacy and more space.

the trick nowadays is the en-bloc thing.

old blocks being tear down paving way to 50-flr high smaller pigeon holes selling at higher prices

just take a good look at holland drive
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #37
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Nowadays, 6 floors and below difficult to get any sunlight.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #38
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Already KPKB liao la... TC say... first 2 times was some issue wif the power box or dunno wad crap, prob fixed... next thing u know within the month... Pak.. one more time, diff blk.

Aiyah. my area estate ppl only know how post on FB la...
Even see ppl suspect break in also post on FB.. not call mata...

Anyway.. damn cute one la.. 1 neighbour shared that his wall leak water.. next thing u know, another 2-3 units also feedback they have same issue.
Lol.... this is what happen when they choose the cheapest contractor to do the work. My house lift also face same problem. Frequent breakdown, but lucky only 1 at a time.

I would go to town council/ call them directly with photos and complain. Post on facebook no use some time. Do we go online 24/7? If we dun, what makes them so sure the guys at town council does.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #39
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
the trick nowadays is the en-bloc thing.

old blocks being tear down paving way to 50-flr high smaller pigeon holes selling at higher prices
Looking at Block 80 Telok Blangah Drive, if I can get a unit above 20 floor, I won't comment abt SERS

Went up those 3 blocks and I must say it was an awesome view both for those facing south (sea) and not too bad either facing city.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #40
hkh
Arofanatic

I remembered last time Queens was selling like hot cakes as it was referred to as the tallest condo with solid view......but after that HDB built flats of the same height around it so now not so hot liao.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote