Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
This GE proved, the threat is real, that GRC was shaken with below 60% voting for PAP. So that was a clear sign, the pple there are not accepting that PAP make a mockery out of them by throwing in someone many pple (before nomination day) already voiced out not wanting to see..
when the result announce, ah goh face super black.
SM get less than 60% support. LOL.. what a joke.

What is his GRC %, 54 or 56%?

My friend told me.. George Yeo is kill by a female MP. ah GOH almost kill by keat spear.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #12
aromatix
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post

What is his GRC %, 54 or 56%?

My friend told me.. George Yeo is kill by a female MP. ah GOH almost kill by keat spear.
ESM Goh was up against a formidable foe - Nicole Seah

i've attended a dialogue featuring NS - her appeal is really strong across the demographics; she's telegenic and more importantly she speaks from her heaart.

i remember how she handled a tricky question, "Nicole, if you're up against GCT one-on-one in the next election, what would you say?"

without missing a beat she answered with a question, " Do you want to vote for the past or the future....." She brought the house down
aromatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
therat
Arofanatic

She answer very well
Old 05-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #14
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
Afterall, his was almost like a fortress, now he know, it's a bamboo fortress. Strong, yet can break if he doesn't take care of it.

GY, I heard e voters in Serangoon Gardens was voting against them. Gov didn't take the residents seriously. The MP for the ward brushed things aside and think a side road helps ease pple's frustration. They paid dearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aromatix View Post
i remember how she handled a tricky question, "Nicole, if you're up against GCT one-on-one in the next election, what would you say?"

without missing a beat she answered with a question, " Do you want to vote for the past or the future....." She brought the house down
She is very articulate. Compare her w TPL, TPL really looks like a kid, like a lower Secondary school girl who have yet to be expose to society.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
Afterall, his was almost like a fortress, now he know, it's a bamboo fortress. Strong, yet can break if he doesn't take care of it.
simi bamboo.
Straw fortress.

like Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf
Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
hkh
Arofanatic

To me, it seemed strange that when they introduced TPL....they had to mention her husband....isn't each candidate works on her own merit....

Furthermore, lao Goh mentioned that she was traumatised and later retracted the statement....and talked about MP mentorship....if she is not ready to be an MP then what's the hurry....didn't they know that it takes years of experience to understand the bread and butter issues n the ground....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
globalcookie
Dragon

But PAP's new candidates mostly don't have experience with ground bread and butter experiences too. Most are breezed into parliament behind heavy weights
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
But PAP's new candidates mostly don't have experience with ground bread and butter experiences too. Most are breezed into parliament behind heavy weights
That's why age plays an important role here.....those that are not married how to understand family problems.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
globalcookie
Dragon

TPL is married ma... but still dun understand any problem.

I would think, these pple are living in comfort, thus it is hard for them to understand. Put it this way, even as an average income earner, I also don't really understand the poor's problem. We won't know unless we have actually been thru such problems.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #20
therat
Arofanatic

Quote:
TPL is married ma... but still dun understand any problem.

I would think, these pple are living in comfort, thus it is hard for them to understand. Put it this way, even as an average income earner, I also don't really understand the poor's problem. We won't know unless we have actually been thru such problems.
Her husband pocket deep deep.
She no need to worry about HDB price. May be she stay landed property. who know?

Her only difficulty is taking care of her father coffee shop when her father is ill.

But at least her father has a coffee shop.
How many of us, father has a shop.

Just base on her reply on her only regret.
She totally don't understand the ground.
She stay at her own world.