Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 28-01-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
spsman

Default biological filter i bought, see gallery4pics

This is an intro to the new biological filter i ordered for my tank. I ordered it via the websites and got it shipped in. A fellow good bro has gave me some insight b4 i ordered it. he is also using it too.
I have used another type of substrate by GEO systems instead of the substrate that came with it.
As can be seen in pic, i added too much substrate, over the 2nd line marking. but luckily never flow out... so i just let it be.
anyway, i am impressed by the construct of the unit. it is made of durable and tough plastics and i think this kind of standard can only be factory manufactured and not diyed. Every detail wastaken care of, clear instruction was given on the box, easy to fit in adaptors w orings that are super quality, no need to screw too tight. and the future loading of substrate is easy too.

local diyers shud look into loading convenience for the reefer. the kalwassser reactor espcially shud be easy load / no spill design. not take the reactor out and try to load again.

As proposed by my fellow good bro, its really my money's worth. And now i understand why he prefers to buy equipments then to ask local diyers to do the job. This is what we pay for: quality.

happy with this pdt... and also thks bro..u know who u are. cheerz

Old 29-01-2005, 01:04 AM   #2
ReDDeviLs

i also know who!
Old 29-01-2005, 01:05 AM   #3
ReDDeviLs

by the way how much u get it ah? i also interested in this.
Old 29-01-2005, 01:56 AM   #4
monsterz1975

Looks cool.
Old 29-01-2005, 02:18 AM   #5
devilfire

jon, not looking 4 trouble here but wat kind of quality u referring 2? look at the parts i circled.
between local DIY n factory manufactured, sometimes tis has better finishing, sometimes tat has better material, sometimes tis or tat may has better concept. so u can really compare between the 2.
anyway it's a good product. thanks 4 sharing
Old 29-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #6
spsman

Default hi bro

the scratch is my fault. what i am refering to is quality not cosmetics. the joints and the plastic is sturdy enuff and it is the quality plastic they had used. U shud look at the joints and seams and the overall functionality rather than the cosmetics.

Even if you support local diyers, u shud really explore further too. cheerz
Old 29-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #7
spsman

Default btw

i never seen any local diyers with original concept yet. an extension of pipings is not a concept at all.
Old 29-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #8
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsman
i never seen any local diyers with original concept yet. an extension of pipings is not a concept at all.
Local DIY really got a hard time getting into ur cabinet.
Old 29-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
devilfire

u mean these 2 r oso scratches? u r really careless...such a fine piece of equipment...

BTW, comparing the MRC MR series skimmers n local DIY becketts, which has a better concept u think? thou MRC has better finishing.
Old 29-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #10
nitro

Default Biological filter

Some reefer from the other forum was selling this same filter..Here's the link if you are interested to get it....Biological filter

Don't know if it's still available.....

Cheers