Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 13-12-2004, 12:22 AM   #11
Jeffrey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
juz bought a bucket today...

red sea out, aquapharm oso out..
At last, got urself a bucket to use
Old 13-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #12
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey74
At last, got urself a bucket to use
was on the way back n pass by there. the salifert got 10% discount. bought a KH test kit.
they selling 1 box of brine shrimp 4 $16. i hesitated n he ask me wat's wrong. i told him darwin is selling $15. he went inside 2 check n he sell me $15.. haha.. next time can use tis method... i wasnt cheating but tat is the truth.
Old 13-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #13
sherman

Quote:

I think is quite true what Brodevilfire say.
I was also using rEd Sea and aquapharm b4 corallife.
I face the same problem with dkh and PH problem.

Regards
Sherman
Old 13-12-2004, 05:17 PM   #14
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
I think is quite true what Brodevilfire say.
I was also using rEd Sea and aquapharm b4 corallife.
I face the same problem with dkh and PH problem.

Regards
Sherman
4 red sea, i oni tested the PO4 n NO3 content. i switched 2 ME was b cos of the NO3.
Old 14-12-2004, 05:36 AM   #15
Creetin

i use coralife. good enuff for me..... and its cheap!

u can get a tub of it at $60 from petmart, with free tshirt too!
Old 14-12-2004, 04:06 PM   #16
woonming

Yep coralife is good and cheap, you could try aquamedic salt meer salt price wise is not bad..

Too bad Aquaz did not carry any salt LOL

Ming
Old 14-12-2004, 05:06 PM   #17
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creetin
i use coralife. good enuff for me..... and its cheap!

u can get a tub of it at $60 from petmart, with free tshirt too!
c my previous posting, already got a tub..
Old 14-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #18
Creetin

Quote:
c my previous posting, already got a tub..
oh i meant it as general info oni ...
Old 02-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #19
crabeye

Cool You Mistaken

Quote:

Devilfire,

Aquapharm does not have its own salt. They actually repacked "marine environment" into 2 kg (green), which is suitable for people like us who change 20% water biweekly.I don't have to buy the big bag to keep. The Brown package you bought was actually "Coral Marine" which is a lower graded salt than Marine Environment. Of course you got a different result.

I have been using Marine Environment.. two thumb up! no other brand can compare!!!!Why risk your LR with china made salt. You made the right choice at first, do not be misleaded! I even know there are at least 2 LFS using all Marine Environment for all their tanks in shops.. no joke!

The only thing I hope is Marine Environment can have the 20kg in tub..and give free T-shirt... so that I can proudly tell everyone, I am using No. 1 salt in my tank. ke..ke..ke..

(*I got all this info from a reliable old time LFS .. "re****" , Aqua****," cannot be wrong!*)
Old 03-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #20
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabeye
Devilfire,

Aquapharm does not have its own salt. They actually repacked "marine environment" into 2 kg (green), which is suitable for people like us who change 20% water biweekly.I don't have to buy the big bag to keep. The Brown package you bought was actually "Coral Marine" which is a lower graded salt than Marine Environment. Of course you got a different result.

I have been using Marine Environment.. two thumb up! no other brand can compare!!!!Why risk your LR with china made salt. You made the right choice at first, do not be misleaded! I even know there are at least 2 LFS using all Marine Environment for all their tanks in shops.. no joke!

The only thing I hope is Marine Environment can have the 20kg in tub..and give free T-shirt... so that I can proudly tell everyone, I am using No. 1 salt in my tank. ke..ke..ke..

(*I got all this info from a reliable old time LFS .. "re****" , Aqua****," cannot be wrong!*)
hi crab, u sure did some homework, but it's not really comprehensive.

let me explain...

both coral marine n marine environment r produced by aquacraft. both belong 2 different grades, the former being 3 n the latter being 1. aquacraft is based in US n aquapharm is based in asia. u r right tat aquapharm does not hav its own salt. they merely repack both salts fr aquacraft into 2 kg packs n NOT oni ME. the green package is the popular ME n the brown is the CM aka aquapharm scientific formula.

i'm not sure wat u r trying 2 relay but 1 thing is 4 sure, u r a proud supporter of ME.

BTW, wat is the china made salt u r referring 2? if u r referring 2 CL, then i'm sure u r contradicting urself.

dun trust china made salt? at least it beats some of the US salts. then in tis case i'll say, y risk ur LS wif US made salt.

anyway, if i'm not wrong, CL is oso a product of US.