Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 04-01-2003, 02:09 AM   #51
Ranchuseed

Quote:
Originally posted by AeroKing

Madman...you missed out on a good show last wednesday!!

How is the show. Tell me more about the show.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:29 AM   #52
BoiBoi

Have not been to TRP yet leh, onli have been to Tanjong Pagar 2 storey LFS. Is it The Fish Tank Aqua?????
They do sell quite good quality ranchu leh, anyway you guys know where to get good quality thai or japan ranchu huh.
Boiboi
Old 04-01-2003, 08:10 PM   #53
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishMadman

How is the show. Tell me more about the show.
Very good, I think! They had more fishes than last year and noticed also following the Jap way of judging too. These guys are very efficient. Everything is over by 4.00 pm. Better go early if you intend to visit next year. The quality is also improving. Looking at the Thai websites, our s'pore fishes are worthy of mentioning. Noticed more fish kakis hanging around this year. Many people were curious about the VCD on display.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:17 AM   #54
Panther
Dragon

Dear bros,

Since there are those con shops ard, can recommend good place to get relatively good ranchus for cheap price?

I'm interested but new to ranchus and not sure how to start lah...difficult to maintain? I currently have 3ft tank with overhead filter and pink lights. Need anything else?
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:15 PM   #55
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
Dear bros,

Since there are those con shops ard, can recommend good place to get relatively good ranchus for cheap price?

I'm interested but new to ranchus and not sure how to start lah...difficult to maintain? I currently have 3ft tank with overhead filter and pink lights. Need anything else?
Qian Hu recently has some new arrivals which are quite good and the price is reasonable. For beginners, the Chinese ranchu is a good starter fish. For a 3 ft tank, a pair of nice ranchu will do and do not over stock. You will have less problem with just a pair of fish and don't forget, your fish will grow and run out of space in no time.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:30 AM   #56
AeroKing

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

Qian Hu recently has some new arrivals which are quite good and the price is reasonable. For beginners, the Chinese ranchu is a good starter fish. For a 3 ft tank, a pair of nice ranchu will do and do not over stock. You will have less problem with just a pair of fish and don't forget, your fish will grow and run out of space in no time.
But the tail small, small like that where got shiok!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:48 AM   #57
Panther
Dragon

Why is small tail no good? How much is a reasonable size to get and at what price? Roughly 1 inch ranchu can? How to identify they are good huh? Characteristics?

Sorry bros for so many questions...hope you all can guide me.
Thx!!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #58
goldies

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
Why is small tail no good? How much is a reasonable size to get and at what price? Roughly 1 inch ranchu can? How to identify they are good huh? Characteristics?

Sorry bros for so many questions...hope you all can guide me.
Thx!!
Aiyah, Aero likes Jap ranchu lah, so will always pick on Chinese Ranchus one lah. Nice or not, it is up to your preferance. Dont let others control what you like. You can like a fat gal, skinny gal, tall one, short one or even a guy! Su ka dio ho.

If you are new, then better buy Chinese Goldfish. Easier and cheaper than Japanese Goldfish. When u have more experience, then buy more expensive one loh.

If you are going to buy only 2 gf and 1 inch big each, I am very sure your mother/wife will nag u until u die for wasting so much water

Anyway, are you sure you can find 1 inch ranchus? Maybe 3-4 inches is good.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:52 PM   #59
BoiBoi

Hi bro,
You can get some good quality ranchu at Qian hu and also The Fish Tank Aquarium. If try other place also can, west side quite a few LFS sell good quality ranchu.
Boiboi
Old 08-01-2003, 02:53 PM   #60
Panther
Dragon

1 inch ranchus at the LFS or markets leh? Those ok? Cost abt $2-3 each right?

But will they look as good and as cute like when they are young once they get bigger and older? or must it be Jap ranchu then will look good?

I thought when when get them small and see them grow big will be nice experience mah...BTW, how fast do they grow to 3-4 inches from 1 inch huh?

Cheers