Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 10-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #71
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroflim View Post
If your favorite koi happen to be the timid one and always loses out to other koi for food, their growth will be affected. Put them with other gentle or weaker fish so they will not be intimidated and grow big. The Jap told us to group koi according to their feeding behavior.
Fully agree. I have a net hanging in the corner of my pond for small koi & i used it to successfully rehabilitate 2 big koi that were not feeding well. After 2 months of feeding with fish much smaller then them, they gain back confidence to chiong with the rest.

Quote:
So I just ask Ah Seng for Terence's Koi.
Yes pls. As much as i welcome visitors to view my koi, I would very much prefer Ah Seng to be around for that. Hope you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelhock View Post
Tks for the advice,however if i remove the alpha koi,the timid ones will not be so willing to the pond side to eat also,so i think i should starve them for a while first?
Dun need to starve lah, this is not aro...
Old 10-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #72
aroflim

I saw this many years ago at a Koi shop. During feeding time, when food was thrown into the fibreglass tank, all fish would fight for the pellet (you know how hungry koi in a shop are) except one strange koi. It won't eat. It waited for the boss's wife to hand feed him (or her?). Funny thing was, that koi won't come when the boss did the same thing. We were joking that the koi would probably starve to death if it was sold.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #73
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

[QUOTE=terence28;6405338]Fully agree. I have a net hanging in the corner of my pond for small koi & i used it to successfully rehabilitate 2 big koi that were not feeding well. After 2 months of feeding with fish much smaller then them, they gain back confidence to chiong with the rest.

Pls elaborate bro..
winkelhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #74
aroflim

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
Yes pls. As much as i welcome visitors to view my koi, I would very much prefer Ah Seng to be around for that. Hope you understand.
Sure. I understand.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #75
cucumber
Senior Dragon

How deep the pond need to be? I see all the farm pond super deep one. I see the ponds in Max Koi like jump inside need to take lift to come out.
cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #76
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumber View Post
How deep the pond need to be? I see all the farm pond super deep one. I see the ponds in Max Koi like jump inside need to take lift to come out.
that im not sure, sometimes pond can be 6 - 10 feet deep but for me and my friends who's stay in landed build a pond for kois is 4 feet only.
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #77
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Max's 6M pond use for Olmpic diving one la,imagine fully filled,he can teach scuba diving also.
winkelhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #78
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelhock View Post
Pls elaborate bro..
ok, i got two kohahu - 58cm & 64cm who are not eating much cos they shy when feeding with the rest of the big fish. So i put them with the small fish all 20-30cm, much smaller in size. So this 2 kohaku in the net is the biggest liao, so body pushing also will win mah.... and in a net the food wont float away, so i just throw alot lah.

In the process the small ones also over eat lah, but what the heck, the big fish are more important... after 2 months both kohaku eat untill fat fat & grew 2cm somemore. Now return to main pond they no scared liao... if u need further elaboration must do so on site liao...

Quote:
Sure. I understand.
Thanks bro!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leong68 View Post
that im not sure, sometimes pond can be 6 - 10 feet deep but for me and my friends who's stay in landed build a pond for kois is 4 feet only.
This topic got differring views. Some pple say 3 ft gao liao, some say must take lift, my personal view in in the middle, abt 5-6 ft shld be ok.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #79
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Very nice pond setup. How much does this cost?
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #80
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
ok, i got two kohahu - 58cm & 64cm who are not eating much cos they shy when feeding with the rest of the big fish. So i put them with the small fish all 20-30cm, much smaller in size. So this 2 kohaku in the net is the biggest liao, so body pushing also will win mah.... and in a net the food wont float away, so i just throw alot lah.

In the process the small ones also over eat lah, but what the heck, the big fish are more important... after 2 months both kohaku eat untill fat fat & grew 2cm somemore. Now return to main pond they no scared liao... if u need further elaboration must do so on site liao...

Thanks bro!

This topic got differring views. Some pple say 3 ft gao liao, some say must take lift, my personal view in in the middle, abt 5-6 ft shld be ok.
yup it depent. agreed. i saw one pond in jln kayu, it like half of swimming pool about 6ft deep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II View Post
Very nice pond setup. How much does this cost?
3xxxx, bro. plug and play
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote