Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 24-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #181
lenghan
Arofanatic

Diego Godin who snubbed us last year to remain at his old club A.Madrid could be a good option
Granted he is 33 yrs old, but his presence could help to steady the younger lads and help them grow. He is a proven leader both on the field and in the dressing room.
Now that he is a "free agent" maybe we could go for him?
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #182
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Agreed .
De Ligt is worth the risk but need to tie him down with a big release clause.
Also a good mix is impt for rebuilding
Hope that he wants to come in and have a team to be build based on him and letting him lead the team from behind
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #183
loveikan
Arofanatic

Manchester United will give Daniel James and his family enough time and space before completing his transfer due to the sudden passing of his father. An agreement is in place with Swansea but he will be given as much time as he needs. [Mail]
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #184
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Manchester United will give Daniel James and his family enough time and space before completing his transfer due to the sudden passing of his father. An agreement is in place with Swansea but he will be given as much time as he needs. [Mail]
condolences to the boy and his family.
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #185
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Ya I agreed too we do need both a mix of proven and also some young hungry lads. I read in MU Live many fans commenting why we can’t we follow the Liverpool way and get players from the championship and build them into stars but imo the lads we got from the lower leagues is always a higher risk and gamble and since we are United and we can afford y not we get those really good ones whom we can entice, and with a few other potential hungry boys just let OGS mound a team. If all we get this close season is just 6 or 7 lads from the lower leagues I will seriously fear for our top 6 position next year.
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #186
lukeber
Arofanatic

There are probably good players coming through the academy or youth teams. The lads there should be also be given a chance, rather than only buying expensive or Championship players. This method was so successfully implemented by SAF.

Expensive players can also be a risk, such as Sanchez and I will think clubs will be playing for top 4 instead of top 6
lukeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #187
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Signing any players will have a risk involved regardless of the fees but my argument is if we can afford 1 or 2 young but really good ones why not go for it. We see others sign cheap players who did well but for that single jackpot there are many many others who did just about average for the average fees they were paid for and if Manchester United is only aiming for average players then an average team will definitely be hovering around mid table.

For the academy boys OGS has promised to blood them into the 1st team according to our tradition but I have yet to see him really trusting the youths.
Hopefully he will remain true to his words next season and we will see some exciting young devils making it to the 1s team
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #188
lukeber
Arofanatic

It’s not down to mid calibre players not capable or world class players has a higher chance to prop up the team.

Alot of focus is on players but i feel the manager and backend team is important in player management and coaching them to become better players.

As the saying goes, if you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.
lukeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #189
BBP604
Dragon

By the time when OS regroup and form a new team from the academy, its either he will be sack as he cannot produce a team good enough to compete for title or maybe the new bloods were scouted and move on to other dream team.
BBP604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #190
sfk7
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeber View Post
As the saying goes, if you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.
Oooh i like this saying. The team looks more like a bunch of overpaid, fat, cannot be bothered sloths more than dogs
sfk7 is offline   Reply With Quote