Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 30-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #501
Bettas4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Where do you plan to look for your wood?
im not really sure yet not though. I still left out the timer, plants and the wood only actually . im quite bad at selecting wood haha
Old 30-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #502
Bettas4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
I used the GEX digital thermometer for about a year with Sanzon Iwagumi before forgoing it altogether as I was familiar with my aquarium's temperature by then.

It was pretty accurate and reliable. But I took it out after a year as I did not want to risk the battery leaking into my aquarium, which did happen to my friend's tank. If I need a thermometer at all times, I will be inclined to change it on a yearly basis. Anyone thinks I am paranoid?
where got paranoid. hahaha. i think i change faster than you LOL. ever happened to one of older my tanks, the mecury leaked into the tank and it became a "lava lamp"
Old 30-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #503
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas4life View Post
im not really sure yet not though. I still left out the timer, plants and the wood only actually . im quite bad at selecting wood haha
I found good wood at Green Chapter. I am going to go back and cover them soon, maybe we can meet and choose some good wood?

Quote:
where got paranoid. hahaha. i think i change faster than you LOL. ever happened to one of older my tanks, the mecury leaked into the tank and it became a "lava lamp"
Oh my goodness, were your fish okay?
Old 30-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #504
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
I found good wood at Green Chapter. I am going to go back and cover them soon, maybe we can meet and choose some good wood?
Bro, take more pics! Have never been there before coz too out-of-the-way for me. If the woods really nice, I will have to sacrifice and find a day to go down. Lol.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #505
Bettas4life

Quote:

Oh my goodness, were your fish okay?
wah, cool bro. I would appreciate if we can share pointers. haha. Maybe im heading down c328 on mon and see whats what. About my fish. they were ok though but my tank became a mess and had to clear it out totally.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #506
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Bro, take more pics! Have never been there before coz too out-of-the-way for me. If the woods really nice, I will have to sacrifice and find a day to go down. Lol.
Sorry for this late reply bro.. Have been really busy. I intend to pay them a visit this coming week.

Quote:
wah, cool bro. I would appreciate if we can share pointers. haha. Maybe im heading down c328 on mon and see whats what. About my fish. they were ok though but my tank became a mess and had to clear it out totally.
Sure bro! I will contact you when I confirm when I'm going down.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #507
JadeIceGreen

Re-edited first day FTS. Build thread will be coming soon!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #508
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Finally made a trip down to GC. Didn't buy anything though. Their prices are way out of my pocket money budget. Just looked around some.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #509
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Finally made a trip down to GC. Didn't buy anything though. Their prices are way out of my pocket money budget. Just looked around some.
Hey bro, what did you look at? Personally, I found their wood and rocks quite affordable compared to what Biotope was previously charging for ADA stuffs.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #510
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hey bro, what did you look at? Personally, I found their wood and rocks quite affordable compared to what Biotope was previously charging for ADA stuffs.
Was looking at their woods actually. Couldn't really find any nice pieces small enough for my 1.5ft. The nice ones were all out of budget. Lol