Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
dyong85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Discus Pair

hey ppl, i just got a new pair of discus. Was wondering wad can i do to like stimulate them to spawn? is there any ways to do so ? Need help from all of your expertise here! thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
tuang
Arofanatic
 
tuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 152
Default

1. is it a confirmed pair, or at least a male & female?
2. i assumed as yes, u can try feeding with bloodworms.
3. a water change before it rains helps me too. my pairs normally spawns before or during a rainfall. think it's a natural instinct in the fish.
tuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
simplybetta
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 133
Default

for a confirmed pair there chances they may spawn again else good luck or add a few more adults
simplybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Audiotom
Dragon
 
Audiotom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,519
Default

As long as it is a confirm pair, they are in good condition in terms of health, stress free, etc, water perimeters are ideal for spawning, they will spawn when you least expect them to do so.

Adding of blackwater do stimulate spawning but depends on above factors too.
Audiotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Bluegrassguppie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bro , if it is a male and a female
-must be compaitable
-good water condition by using good water coditioner like API
-good food like bloodworms or bh or ph
-if u feed tubifex worms right , must wash the worms first then feed , after feeding deworm them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
dyong85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplybetta View Post
for a confirmed pair there chances they may spawn again else good luck or add a few more adults
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuang View Post
1. is it a confirmed pair, or at least a male & female?
2. i assumed as yes, u can try feeding with bloodworms.
3. a water change before it rains helps me too. my pairs normally spawns before or during a rainfall. think it's a natural instinct in the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiotom View Post
As long as it is a confirm pair, they are in good condition in terms of health, stress free, etc, water perimeters are ideal for spawning, they will spawn when you least expect them to do so.

Adding of blackwater do stimulate spawning but depends on above factors too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassguppie View Post
bro , if it is a male and a female
-must be compaitable
-good water condition by using good water coditioner like API
-good food like bloodworms or bh or ph
-if u feed tubifex worms right , must wash the worms first then feed , after feeding deworm them.
Thanks bros ! yea. I am waiting for them to spawn soon. well. hope it will spawn. hope and pray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
oscar77
Dragon
 
oscar77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyong85 View Post
hey ppl, i just got a new pair of discus. Was wondering wad can i do to like stimulate them to spawn? is there any ways to do so ? Need help from all of your expertise here! thanks.
How to treat slime disease? What to do if the fish pass out white poo? What if the fishes bloated stomach? Have you notice your fishes are breathing with only one side of gill open widely and the other side is closing?

If the above never come across your mind, i sincerely suggest not to think about breed them soon. When study math, one have to start with + and - first. Imagine if you starting with matrix, will you lost the interest in Math and find that "math" is difficult?
oscar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
dyong85
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wow, nice theory. noted. I still learning along the way. do you have any tips for me?
  Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
itchy
Endangered Dragon
 
itchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,159
Default

Still got many like, what food to give the fried, when to give, when n how much to change water, after that Wat time good to separate the fries, etc etc.....too many questions n answer u need to know before breeding discus. Grab some discus books to know more about this beautiful fish.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
itchy
Endangered Dragon
 
itchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar77 View Post
How to treat slime disease? What to do if the fish pass out white poo? What if the fishes bloated stomach? Have you notice your fishes are breathing with only one side of gill open widely and the other side is closing?

If the above never come across your mind, i sincerely suggest not to think about breed them soon. When study math, one have to start with + and - first. Imagine if you starting with matrix, will you lost the interest in Math and find that "math" is difficult?
Well said, better to be fully prepared.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)