Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #21
goldfishfever
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Ooops. That's opposite of my view. Would any bro give us a third opinion on whether a small or a large goldfish has a higher tolerance to poor water condition?
I think the smaller fish should be more hardier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:29 AM   #22
Joe^84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by samyeong
Hi Daniel,

Do u have gravel in yr tank? Curious to know...
It is better not to put gravel inside as it is very hard for u maintain the tank as the gf is so dirty...And before u wan to buy gf u ppl should put over night water so that the gf will not die easily... RIP TO ALL DEAD GOLD FISH!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:33 PM   #23
DaNieL_TKS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No i didnt put any gravel in my tank,as it quite troublesome to clen they.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 05:33 PM   #24
pine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I totally agree with you keeping gold fish must have lots and lots and lots of luck. Like me law never check water parameter, never change water and never change filter material, fish still alive and looking good and health. Nature where got change water and filter also no problem. Water dirty even better fish can survive and no disease. At first buy fish die may be cos u not lucky, just buy more to replace after some time ok liao cos not alway bad luck sure got one day become good luck. So be patience just buy some more to replace after a while it should be ok.

Quote:
Originally posted by DaNieL_TKS
Sometime it sad to know that so ppl dun even check their water parameter and their GF even nicer and healthier,in the other hand we check up lot of suff in water parameter and yet result was a bye bye from our fish.Haiz maybe luck do make a important role in keeping GF.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #25
CyberET
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pine
I totally agree with you keeping gold fish must have lots and lots and lots of luck. Like me law never check water parameter, never change water and never change filter material, fish still alive and looking good and health. Nature where got change water and filter also no problem. Water dirty even better fish can survive and no disease. At first buy fish die may be cos u not lucky, just buy more to replace after some time ok liao cos not alway bad luck sure got one day become good luck. So be patience just buy some more to replace after a while it should be ok.
hehe.. if u refer to the goldfish the public keeps.. the breeders themselves changes water often for optimum growth.. u can don't change, at most stun the growth etc.. fish may be alive.. looking good and health to you.. however if u maintaince optimum enviroment for them.. they'll grow up nicer.. in fact, nature does change water.. if u refer to the native goldfish which lives in the lakes.. their water is being changed non-stop, constantly from the mountains.. fresh water flowing non stop.. it rarly has anything to do with luck.. its more like u lack the knowledge to pick a more healthy fish and keeping it alive.. when "luck" happens.. its because u happen to pick one that has a stronger immune system, partly due to genes.. the only luck i may consider is.. lucky to be at the right LFS/farm at the right time to pick a cheap and good and healthy fish.. without pior knowledge about a new shipment coming etc..
humans also what, some born healthy, some got weaker body, whats the longest you've ever kept a goldfish?

Last edited by CyberET; 06-08-2003 at 06:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 05:53 PM   #26
CyberET
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 06:09 PM   #27
pine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All my gf i just put in one big tub outside my garden and keep like nature. Let it own self grow but water is really dirty some thing like this picture from this forum. I think the longer you keep then the better fish can get used to water not so easy to die.

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberET
hehe.. if u refer to the goldfish the public keeps.. the breeders themselves changes water often for optimum growth.. u can don't change, at most stun the growth etc.. fish may be alive.. looking good and health to you.. however if u maintaince optimum enviroment for them.. they'll grow up nicer.. in fact, nature does change water.. if u refer to the native goldfish which lives in the lakes.. their water is being changed non-stop, constantly from the mountains.. fresh water flowing non stop.. it rarly has anything to do with luck.. its more like u lack the knowledge to pick a more healthy fish and keeping it alive.. when "luck" happens.. its because u happen to pick one that has a stronger immune system, partly due to genes.. the only luck i may consider is.. lucky to be at the right LFS/farm at the right time to pick a cheap and good and healthy fish.. without pior knowledge about a new shipment coming etc..
humans also what, some born healthy, some got weaker body, whats the longest you've ever kept a goldfish?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dirtywater.jpg (29.0 KB, 74 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 06:15 PM   #28
pine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Oldest gold fish

The oldiest gold fish i have is about 6 or 7 years. Die of old age i think not likely disease. Although old that time color also very nice never become lighter or fade off.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 06:21 PM   #29
Demekin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pine
I totally agree with you keeping gold fish must have lots and lots and lots of luck. Like me law never check water parameter, never change water and never change filter material, fish still alive and looking good and health. Nature where got change water and filter also no problem. Water dirty even better fish can survive and no disease. At first buy fish die may be cos u not lucky, just buy more to replace after some time ok liao cos not alway bad luck sure got one day become good luck. So be patience just buy some more to replace after a while it should be ok.

LUCK ?? WHAT LUCK ?? It's common for a hobbyists not to check parameters. At least only a handful of hobbyists which religiously perform such tasks.

From what I see, how many fishes has died on you so far before the remainders "luckily" dun die ? How fast are your fish growing ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 06:47 PM   #30
CyberET
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pine
All my gf i just put in one big tub outside my garden and keep like nature. Let it own self grow but water is really dirty some thing like this picture from this forum. I think the longer you keep then the better fish can get used to water not so easy to die.
your water green, or brownish green? the picture is bro demekin's green water well, for me at least, i can't afford to keep replacing gfs that die unluckily on me, while i wait for one that has a strong enough immune system, only to die on me unluckily in a year or two.. the only reason i can think of, that you may have better luck then others.. is your setup

i quote from goldfishinfo.com
Quote:
Goldfish can have lifespans up to 20+ years if they are fed a varied diet and housed in exceptional water conditions. They need to be in tanks that are not overcrowded. They need sufficient swimming room and do best if they are kept with their own types.

Last edited by CyberET; 06-08-2003 at 06:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)