Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 20-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
ranchu8
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

Jenn's and Allan's spawns had 6 Ranchus in the top 5 positions in the Tosai, Nisai and Oya categories; and it's 14 Ranchus in the top 11 positions in these 3 categories!!

Try to see which of the above are their spawns
ranchu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
ranchu8
Arofanatic

This is what I posted on 27 February 2013, and I have been proven right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchu8 View Post
I have been buying Japanese bbrs,cbrs (besides buying in Japan for years, Tosais and even Nisais) for many years. This is the first year I am not buying any Japanese bbrs/cbrs. Jenn's and Allan's spawns have been good, must be due to the teaching/guidance of their teacher and mentor. The quality of the cbrs with me is higher than many/most Japanese bbrs/cbrs which I have bought; and I will explain the reasons and show those present from my Nisais and Oyas.
Old 20-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
wei
Dragon

Quote:
Jenn's and Allan's spawns had 6 Ranchus in the top 5 positions in the Tosai, Nisai and Oya categories; and it's 14 Ranchus in the top 11 positions in these 3 categories!!

Try to see which of the above are their spawns
Their hard work well rewarded *thumbs up
wei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #14
Allan Lee

For me, tis was the best pic taken for the day. I can see the happy smiles on their faces

Most importantly, it demonstrated the unity between both the amateurs & veterans coming together which tis event would not b possible, without either.

With all due respect, some of the participants whom oso deserved compliments, were not in tis pic as they were too "camera shy"

P.S. Not forgetting our frens whom had joined us on tis happy occasion fm across The Straits
Old 20-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #15
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASRSInfo View Post

Temasek got ho ching....we got Jennifer Well done!!!

Congrats on the good show!

and nice photos.....

but this comment ......unless you are comparing beauty and the beast ?
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #16
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
This is what I posted on 27 February 2013, and I have been proven right

Originally Posted by*ranchu8*

I have been buying Japanese bbrs,cbrs (besides buying in Japan for years, Tosais and even Nisais) for many years. This is the first year I am not buying any Japanese bbrs/cbrs. Jenn's and Allan's spawns have been good, must be due to the teaching/guidance of their teacher and mentor. The quality of the cbrs with me is higher than many/most Japanese bbrs/cbrs which I have bought; and I will explain the reasons and show those present from my Nisais and Oyas.*
Congrat for winning wif all local bred fishes . Those fish r indeed very beautiful.
First i would like to salute the effort put in by the breeders. The effort to select good breeding pair and patient to growing the fries is truly alot of work allen and jenn thumb up to u. Secondly not forgetting your effort to groom and bring up the fishes. Maybe you can share a video of ur 1st and 2nd placing oya and too share about wat do you think of the fish tail balancing and overall of the fishes? Hope you can share wif me.

Last edited by sgbetta; 21-11-2013 at 01:00 AM.
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #17
Allan Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei View Post
Hi Wei,

Tks for the thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbetta View Post
First i would like to salute the effort put in by the breeders. The effort to select good breeding pair and patient to growing the fries is truly alot of work allen and jenn thumb up to u.
Hi Bro Albert,

Thank u for ur thumbs up too Likewise, I'd oso like to salute all our other local breeders like bro David, bro Bill, bro Song as well as those which I might not know
Old 21-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #18
Allan Lee

Exclamation

I would oso like to take tis opportunity to encourage all like-minded hobbyists, novice and veteran alike, to breed Ranchu in Singapore. Tis was oso documented as one of the objectives of RAS.

With the full support rendered by RAS’ honorary members, the Japanese judges have been advocating us to “create” our very own Ranchu bloodline since the day we met.

To put it simply, “ten breeders working together could achieve the same in one year what one breed would have taken ten years to accomplish” as I was taught
Old 21-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
ranchu8
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
I heard the last pcs of Oya cannot be judged. anyone know why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbetta View Post
Congrat for winning wif all local bred fishes . Those fish r indeed very beautiful.
First i would like to salute the effort put in by the breeders. The effort to select good breeding pair and patient to growing the fries is truly alot of work allen and jenn thumb up to u. Secondly not forgetting your effort to groom and bring up the fishes. Maybe you can share a video of ur 1st and 2nd placing oya and too share about wat do you think of the fish tail balancing and overall of the fishes? Hope you can share wif me.

I'll try to answer, in a "combined" reply Just to avoid any misunderstanding, not all my positioned Ranchus are local bred. All are except my Oyas. One of my Oya is a local bred. Next year I expect more participants to field in local bred Ranchus in Oya categories as the Tosais and Nisais grow. If I’m correct, most of the positioned Oyas are Japan bred. These Japan bred ones were bought last year when Tosai and not tikam bbrs/cbrs.

In my post above, I was referring to bbrs/cbrs which I bought by way of tikam. My experience has not been good. Out of 10, I got usually only 1 reasonably good one.

Selected Japanese bred cbrs, junior Tosais or Tosais, are good if we are prepared to pay the price for them, usually into 4 figures for even junior Tosais, and can be into 5 figures. A relationship with the breeder is often necessary, for him to be agreeable to let go of his better Ranchus. Without mentioning the positions, you may know which Ranchus I am referring to in the positioned Ranchus They are good Ranchus.

My Oyas 1 and 2 are Japan bred, bought last year. My Oya 1 has one side of its tail stronger than the other side. I think (hope) my Oya 2 ‘s tail is evenly balanced. Imo, I think Oya 1 is overall a more balanced and impressive Ranchu than Oya 2. More than 1 Japanese breeder/judge has told me that one should look at and appreciate the overall balance of the Ranchu, and not focus on its weakness(es). As we all know, Ranchus are not perfect. Unfortunately, my good friend's last Oya could not be judged. Not because it is imperfect, but because it has a defect that disqualified it from being judged. A few participants told me before the results that the top Oya was a fight between mine and my friend's, and they "debated" which will be top. It is an impressive Ranchu and one of the judges commented that the grooming is outstanding.

ASRS has been fortunate to have judges for all 4 years who are willing to teach and tell us why a particular Ranchu is judged and positioned that way. This year, ASRS announced a 30 minute session for anyone to ask about the judging and positioning. Unless a Ranchu is sick after judging, I have not heard of any of the ASRS AJRS judge trying to avoid answering by saying the Ranchu performed well/not well during judging but not so in basin when he was asked about the Ranchu. I am very grateful and happy with ASRS’s AJRS judges. Last year, I thought one of my Oya would be positioned top (and others told me before the judging that they expected it to be top) but it came out as no 3. I asked the judges about this, and they told me the reasons for it being no 3.
Old 21-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
ranchu8
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Lee View Post
I would oso like to take tis opportunity to encourage all like-minded hobbyists, novice and veteran alike, to breed Ranchu in Singapore.
Breeding Ranchus is very very tough work and time consuming, difficult for many. All this is not enough, one can put in a ton of time and effort but be doing the wrong things and keep repeating them. This is where the Japanese breeders' guidance is crucial. Our local breeders have done very well, short cutting the process many times over with such guidance