Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 20-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
JapRanchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnSun View Post
Hey bro Jap, is your pond exposed to a lot of rain water? If so not very healthy.
Bro,

I transfered them to fgt and they are covered.
Old 20-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #32
Joline

Isn't rainwater ok as long as filtration is ok?
Old 25-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #33
nazari

Quote:
Yes, I'm a PP and salt dude. I'll initial dipping @3% if fish is lively. That 5 mins is the max. guideline to avoid gill damage but sometimes fish will start to faint after less then a min anyway. If so I'll poke him to encourage him to swim again. When fish faint again or become motionless I'll remove him immediately and rinse with tank water.
The purpose of salt dipping is to remove as much parasites and bacteria as possible by removing the affected fish's slime coat. This will clear the way for more effective treatment with medicines.
If fish is already half dead then salt dipping like that will surely send him up lorry.
Just to share further as it may sound shocking. I've also successfully done dipping on a batch my 2cm + fry @1.5% b4 too.(suspected heavy fluke infestation) They are able to stand about one min b4 fainting. I did a dip everyday for 3 days and managed to save most of them. So I think if you were to do it carefully, it is very safe, imo even safer than using medications.
I don't know whether what you practised is applicable to the TS issue.....personally, i think that fish the TS had succumbed to nitrite and nitrate poisoning. But i may be wrong as i have not seen that said fish live personally.

Anyway, the TS has now covered his outdoor FGT. But hope with the cover, the FGT has enough air circulation above the water surface....meaning, hope the cover does not rest immediately onto the FGT.
Old 25-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #34
UnSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post
I don't know whether what you practised is applicable to the TS issue.....personally, i think that fish the TS had succumbed to nitrite and nitrate poisoning. But i may be wrong as i have not seen that said fish live personally.
Can you please clear your mail box? I'm trying to send you a PM.
Thanks.
Old 26-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
JapRanchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post

Anyway, the TS has now covered his outdoor FGT. But hope with the cover, the FGT has enough air circulation above the water surface....meaning, hope the cover does not rest immediately onto the FGT.
Thanks for inputs bro, the FGT is covered only when I'm not in. And there is a 10cm gap bet fgt and cover. So my fish still get lots of sun but they are sheltered during rain
Old 27-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #36
SKG

Quote:
I would say until recovered or showed critical moments has passed, then reduce salt slowly, otherwise one month max. Some people will argue it's best have salt in there all the time.
Thank u Bro UnSun.

Just to share my resent experience.

7 gf suffered very bad white spot attack and I divided them in to 2 patches for treatment.

4 gf treat with white spot medication and one by one up the lorry within 4 hrs.

3 gf treat with 0.3% salt bath for 3 days (w/c every day) without food and all 3 gf fully recovered now.
Old 27-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #37
ranchulover_79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
Thank u Bro UnSun.

Just to share my resent experience.

7 gf suffered very bad white spot attack and I divided them in to 2 patches for treatment.

4 gf treat with white spot medication and one by one up the lorry within 4 hrs.

3 gf treat with 0.3% salt bath for 3 days (w/c every day) without food and all 3 gf fully recovered now.
Got to discovered it early, else no help if u put anything, it's too late.
ranchulover_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
SKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchulover_79 View Post
Got to discovered it early, else no help if u put anything, it's too late.
Ya lor. Trouble with works and other matters.
Just thinking may due to water problem so did a 100% w/c and hope for the best. Too bad, no sign of improvement after 2 days.
Lesson learnt but painful.
Anyway, good excuses buying new fish.