Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 02-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
eeeeemo

Default is a 1/4hp chiller too strong for a 2ft??

i have the above qn..
will a 1/4hp be over powering for my 2ft tank?
i heard an advise to get the maximum hp possible if budget allows.. how bt a 1/2hp???
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
joydiv

It depends on the chiller brand actually, for a 2 feet, an artica 1/15 Hp model will do the job. For the other brand, I think 1/5 to 1/2 hp will be enough. Anyway, it is always best to buy a bigger sized model, in case you want to upgrade.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:50 AM   #3
eeeeemo

hi joydiv, have you used and tested both artica and other brand chillers tht testify for ur claim?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
joydiv

I am not using it, but I know of people using it and swear by it. It is one of the most reliable chiller around. It is extremely quiet and heat generated is quite low, best its temp probe actually work well! Check around the marine forum, I think they do have some review of it.
I used to have a resun CL650, cant stand the noise and the frequent kick in so I sold it. I also have a 1/10 hp Boyu just as nosy and I have to add in a temp probe to prevent frequent kick in. Lastly is a TECO TR 20, it runs quietly and efficiently. I hardly notice it is running.
Then again, the price of a 1/10 hp model is $1000+, thrice the price of a resun CL 450.
Old 28-03-2016, 12:20 AM   #5
Hendra

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydiv View Post
I am not using it, but I know of people using it and swear by it. It is one of the most reliable chiller around. It is extremely quiet and heat generated is quite low, best its temp probe actually work well! Check around the marine forum, I think they do have some review of it.
I used to have a resun CL650, cant stand the noise and the frequent kick in so I sold it. I also have a 1/10 hp Boyu just as nosy and I have to add in a temp probe to prevent frequent kick in. Lastly is a TECO TR 20, it runs quietly and efficiently. I hardly notice it is running.
Then again, the price of a 1/10 hp model is $1000+, thrice the price of a resun CL 450.
Hi joy,
Could you help me sharing the user manual guide for Boyu chiller L series ? Since the seller was losen it and I wanna test it before buying.
Thanks
Hendra is offline   Reply With Quote