Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 15-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #1
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool FC Thread #159:- Unity Is Strength!

Liverpool history since 1892.
Liverpool FC having won 18 league titles and 5 European Cups.
The club was formed on March 15 1892 and plays home games at Anfield.
18 League Titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 European Super Cups, 15 Charity Shields, 3 FA Youth Cup.

We are known as Liverpool, The Reds, The Red Army, The Kops or Kopites.
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Fixture

September 2018

Wed 19th 03:00 Paris Saint-Germain Champions League Group Stage Home

Sat 22nd 22:00 Southampton Home

Thu 27th 02:45 Chelsea Carabao Cup third round Home

Sun 30th 00:30 Chelsea Away

October 2018

Thu 4th 03:00 Napoli Champions League Group Stage Away

Sun 7th 23:30 Manchester City Home

Sun 21st 00:30 Huddersfield Town Away

Thu 25th 03:00 Red Star Belgrade Wed Champions League Group Stage Home

Sat 27th 22:00 Cardiff City Home
Old 15-09-2018, 11:03 PM   #3
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 15-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 15-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #5
NI KI
Arofanatic

No player on the pitch created more chances than James Milner (3) during Spurs vs. Liverpool.

“A seasoned professional, the Englishman produced a very Milner-esque performance: a typically high work rate and a diligent tactical awareness.”

Rating = 8/10

Old 15-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #6
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool have won their opening five games of a top-flight season for the first time since the 1990/91 campaign.

4-0 vs. West Ham
0-2 vs. Crystal Palace
1-0 vs. Brighton
1-2 vs. Leicester
1-2 vs. Tottenham

The perfect start continues.

Old 23-09-2018, 02:58 AM   #7
jungle
Senior Dragon

I am glad to be part of history as I watched live the PSG as well as Southampton games before end my trip to UK!

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk
jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #8
NI KI
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle View Post
I am glad to be part of history as I watched live the PSG as well as Southampton games before end my trip to UK!

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk
the atmosphere must be massive...any photo to share
Old 23-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #9
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Marko Grujic suffers ankle injury

On-loan Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic has suffered an ankle ligament injury with Hertha BSC.

The 22-year-old had to be taken off 72 minutes into the Bundesliga side’s 4-2 victory over Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday afternoon, his fourth appearance for the club since joining for the season.

It was later confirmed by Hertha that Grujic sustained an ankle ligament rupture.

“Marko has managed to make a significant difference to our game in the short time he has been with us, which is why the loss for him personally and for us is very, very bitter,” said general manager Michael Preetz.

“Now we will look after him and help him, so that he can play that role as soon as possible.”
Old 23-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #10
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default 'We're confident but there's plenty still to improve'

Liverpool secured their seventh consecutive win of the season on Saturday but Jordan Henderson is certain his team can still improve on their performances.

A 3-0 result against Southampton at Anfield extended the hosts’ 100 per cent start to 2018-19 and set a new club record for the most successive victories to open a campaign.

Henderson and co did not have it easy on the day but strikes by Joel Matip and Mohamed Salah added to Wesley Hoedt’s own goal before the interval and left Saints with too high a mountain to climb.

The Reds captain is not happy to settle for the current levels, however, telling Liverpoolfc.com post-match: “We can always improve, definitely.

“We’re in a good moment – we’ve got a good rhythm, some good performances and good results – so of course we’re confident but there’s still plenty of room for improvement, certainly after today. But, overall, we’re happy with the win.

“It’s tough against anyone in the Premier League. Southampton are a good team and when you let them play they can hurt you. At times they found some gaps and created some half-chances.

“It’s just about keeping going and keeping the performance level high. I thought the lads that came in did really well – that’s a big positive for us.”

Xherdan Shaqiri was handed his full debut for Liverpool and impressed, playing a key role in the first and third goals, despite being taken off at half-time for tactical reasons.

Henderson is pleased with the attitude of those players waiting for an opportunity, particularly with the start of a new competition to come when Chelsea visit Anfield in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

“We have been training really hard, even the lads that haven’t been playing as much as they’d like,” continued the skipper.

“They are just waiting for their chance and when they get onto the pitch they want to perform for the team and win games. That’s what we’ve done again.

“We need to keep going, as I keep saying every week. There’s another tough test in midweek in a different competition. We need to just keep going and keep improving.”

Salah put his name on the scoresheet for the first time in four games when he forced home on the rebound from Shaqiri’s superb free-kick against the crossbar in first-half stoppage-time.

“I’m delighted for him, of course. He wants to score goals so it’s important for him,” added Henderson.

“But the most important thing is the win – I’m sure he’d tell you the same. It’s good for him, good for the team and we move on.”