Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Aces
Arofanatic

is it the ah ma that a bro posted previously? that one yest also got join the rally de.. muahahaha..
Old 21-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
smellyfish
Dragon

dave, from the last thread, i think got difference between PAP not fielding Choo elsewhere and WP not choosing Png for NCMP.

for NCMP, WP was clearly selecting the best candidate, and they chose Giam over Eric and everyone else (correctly if i may add).

in choo's case, you cannot say that they put him in HG because he is the worst. He may be uniquely suited for the task - teochew, resilient and all that. not all may be suited for the task.

if YSL manage to pick the cow testicles over hougang, i think png lagi manage to pick cow shit testicles lor. if not for the unique LTK-hougang relationship, this guy wont even get to a sniff of Tin Pei Ling's armpit in parliament...

the FT pics are damn good though.... enough to sway quite a number of votes!
Old 21-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
is it the ah ma that a bro posted previously? that one yest also got join the rally de.. muahahaha..
chee should go down and shout at her - where is our money!!!
Old 21-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
chee should go down and shout at her - where is our money!!!
I believed he had learn his lesson on that.. a expensive one........
Old 21-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
Today's Straits Times heading (rephrased) - 'Is Png Eng Huat WP's best man?', asks Teo Chee Hean

Lousy catchline lah....

I would rather quote Pritam Singh's "If you love in a glass house, don't throw stones"
Got put la but it is in one of the articles on Pritam Singh and the very last sentence. hahahahaha
Old 21-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
The girl ( i assume is bodyguard) beside her look stern but chio.. 有味道!
Old 21-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
WaveSurfer
Arofanatic

Question

(Before anyone shoots me as being pro-PAP, let me clarify myself as a neutral party which is looking at the HG by-election from an objective perspective. )

Before Nomination Day, I have thought WP would be having an easy win for this by-election (at a higher margin than during GE) but looking at how things are unfolding these few days, I'm starting to think the outcome of this fight may not be as clear-cut as I had thought.

Here are some of my personal thoughts/reasons why I feel that some of the HG voters may be swayed to vote for PAP instead of WP this time round:

(1) Suspicion in the leadership and structure of WP, after YSL's incident and due to the recent Dr. Poh's incident and resignation of Sajeev Kamalasanan.

(2) With Aljunied GRC already in WP's hands, HGians may no longer need to be the 'sacrificial lambs' for democracy and they can finally get their deserved upgrading perks etc. Some may look at PP's improvements after being converted into a 'PAP land' (not much details here but I assume there's more upgrading etc there after GE).

(3) Mr Png is not really a very charismatic politician who can give convincing speeches and bring out the moods of his voters (my personal thoughts after listening to his speech during the rally on Saturday, especially after listening to Pritam's and LTK's). His visibility prior to this election is also not as high as DC.

Therefore, I feel WP will have an uphill task this time to defend their strategic territory...

Last edited by WaveSurfer; 21-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 21-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
dave, from the last thread, i think got difference between PAP not fielding Choo elsewhere and WP not choosing Png for NCMP.

for NCMP, WP was clearly selecting the best candidate, and they chose Giam over Eric and everyone else (correctly if i may add).

in choo's case, you cannot say that they put him in HG because he is the worst. He may be uniquely suited for the task - teochew, resilient and all that. not all may be suited for the task.

if YSL manage to pick the cow testicles over hougang, i think png lagi manage to pick cow shit testicles lor. if not for the unique LTK-hougang relationship, this guy wont even get to a sniff of Tin Pei Ling's armpit in parliament...
what I am saying is every party will pick their best candidate for each position.... for WP, when it comes to NCMP, it was Giam.... n for Hg BE, it is Png.... so what u said about Png doesn't make sense.....

If PAP is serious about wrestling Hg from the WP, they should put a heavyweight to contest the BE..... but I guess they hv learned a lesson in aljunied GRC.... so choo is not the best candidate from the PAP lor.....
Old 21-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
Andrew Tan
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillife76 View Post
The girl ( i assume is bodyguard) beside her look stern but chio.. 有味道!
Body odour????u damn good..... from pic u oso can smell it???
Old 21-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
Andrew Tan
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
what I am saying is every party will pick their best candidate for each position.... for WP, when it comes to NCMP, it was Giam.... n for Hg BE, it is Png.... so what u said about Png doesn't make sense.....

If PAP is serious about wrestling Hg from the WP, they should put a heavyweight to contest the BE..... but I guess they hv learned a lesson in aljunied GRC.... so choo is not the best candidate from the PAP lor.....

Yah...they should have put LHL to contest in HG....
Closed Thread