Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 22-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #61
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
But the opp party did not give a solution how to fight high cost of living.... all talk only no solution and answer....
What did PAP Government do to fight high cost of living which THEY CREATED?? Let's put it this way:
(1) Who caused the cost of living to sky rocket? Gov has a hand in it. Look at rental and property prices which they pushed up.

(2) Fight inflation by strengthening Sing Dollar. That is a double edge sword, short term solution for the election only. What is the benefits of stronger SGD? Cheaper imports. What is the bane? Costly export.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
only handful of the oppo are creditable. some are , the rest
Well, I think this round, a lot of opposition candidates are good enough for my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backslash View Post
He was a hooligan. A Dr hooligan. Too bad he used it in the wrong way.
He was just too aggressive in his push for democracy, the wrong way. So the media made him a mad man. Who controlled the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyeo84 View Post
Hooligan image with arrogance and self conceited character as compared to other opposition parties. Couldn't imagine what will happen if he comes into power.....
How about PAP ministers' character? One asked us to move to JB, another asked if the poor want 3 meals in restaurant, another don't need to account for MSK issue, another use intimidating tone on LTK if WKS shd quit, another write book and upset the malay community (other races also felt it was insensitive), another said property is cheap, many many more.

Hooligan are more 'yi qi' while those study too much becomes distanced from the people and lords over those who voted them in. I couldn't imagine Singapore 5yrs, 10yrs 15yrs down the road if their unchallenged power persist.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #62
Guppies Onli
Dragon

I dun think what he said is juz for laugh.
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote