Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 05-03-2015, 11:46 PM   #71
CCT
Dragon

As discussion in other post these are some picture showing my 'black burundi'.
Maybe its not consider black but compare with my others i think its obvious black. Reason why i assume they are male because only the black.one will guard the cave, when some other burundi want to go in they will chase them. I heard only male will guard.
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:08 AM   #72
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
As discussion in other post these are some picture showing my 'black burundi'.
Maybe its not consider black but compare with my others i think its obvious black. Reason why i assume they are male because only the black.one will guard the cave, when some other burundi want to go in they will chase them. I heard only male will guard.
i see.. this is still considered normal. but colouration is not very distinct. at this size hard to tell lah whether male or female. but yes a male will usually take the alpha position and become more territorial.
with that said, a black front is when the whole fish is black. almost cannot see the bars from the white. that's black.
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:09 AM   #73
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
i see.. this is still considered normal. but colouration is not very distinct. at this size hard to tell lah whether male or female. but yes a male will usually take the alpha position and become more territorial.
with that said, a black front is when the whole fish is black. almost cannot see the bars from the white. that's black.
Haha then lucky for me, dun have a kopi O one
Old 06-03-2015, 02:12 AM   #74
Brichardi
Dragon

Burundis are burundis la.....mai confuse people with Black burundis or Blue moba etc le.

IMO that Burundi guarding cave LOOKS female. As it is the biggest piece, it could be a big bully or the shy-est and hence dominate that 'cave'. Let us know the sex in 6 months time.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:19 AM   #75
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Burundis are burundis la.....mai confuse people with Black burundis or Blue moba etc le.

IMO that Burundi guarding cave LOOKS female. As it is the biggest piece, it could be a big bully or the shy-est and hence dominate that 'cave'. Let us know the sex in 6 months time.
Haha tio shoot again. Which part looks like female? Need to see again when they grow bigger.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #76
CCT
Dragon

updates of my burundi tank.

Added new comps in and changed the scape.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #77
Brichardi
Dragon

Getting nicer and nicer with each changes. But that piece of slab in the middle looks unstable and very dangerous. That brick is nice but artificial looking. Also imo it would be better to place the outlet of the canister on the right side of tank so that water movements can go full length of the tank....and circulate back to the inlet.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #78
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Getting nicer and nicer with each changes. But that piece of slab in the middle looks unstable and very dangerous. That brick is nice but artificial looking. Also imo it would be better to place the outlet of the canister on the right side of tank so that water movements can go full length of the tank....and circulate back to the inlet.
Thanks for the advise brichardi, the middle slab i change it flat, so it quite stable already, brick wise u cover the top with sand and side cover with rock, only the front hard to change haha. Need to stick with it ba, the outlet i change to the right already, dunno why i forget to do it same as my tropha tank which is on the right. Haha hope its better now.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #79
CCT
Dragon

https://vimeo.com/121589584https://vimeo.com/121589693https://vimeo.com/121589708

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 01:27 AM   #80
CCT
Dragon

New Catch

WC M.Blue

F1 Moba