Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 18-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #41
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsky2011 View Post
If your plants are high maintenance, get a chiller,
If your plants are of low to mid maintenance, get two fan will do.
{Just like girlfriend haha}
My 2cts worth
Hahaha. intend to get chiller la cos CRS will be the inhabitants. Now the oni problem is dose ferts liao, so have to recycle the tank again b4 intro the CRS
Old 19-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #42
clearsky2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by patson77 View Post
Hahaha. intend to get chiller la cos CRS will be the inhabitants. Now the oni problem is dose ferts liao, so have to recycle the tank again b4 intro the CRS
Wow.. CRS in 4x2x2 ft planted tank. Swee. Just becareful of the dose fert thou. CRS are sensitive creatures. The higher the grade, the more sensitive they are and higher maintenance.
{Just like with a girlfriend again haha} .
Old 19-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #43
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsky2011 View Post
Wow.. CRS in 4x2x2 ft planted tank. Swee. Just becareful of the dose fert thou. CRS are sensitive creatures. The higher the grade, the more sensitive they are and higher maintenance.
{Just like with a girlfriend again haha} .
hahahaha... like the way u compare. (better hope my OC don't see this)
Old 20-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #44
Sunday
Dragon

Great set-up!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #45
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Great set-up!
Thanks for the comments, but personally still feels short o some factors to complete the scape. None the less, will wait or it to take root, stable and blossom b4 thinking what to do nxt.
Old 20-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #46
patson77

Default re

Day 6

My friend paid me a visit yesterday nite and commented on my setup. Rx quite a number of negative comments. (nvr mind la, for my good oso) Actually, most of the comments I had read b4 be it in my thread or someone else threads, somehow or rather, forget to apply them or correct them.

Negative comments fm my fren
1) Background looks too empty, shd have more stem plants or faster growing plants to soak up the excess nutrients as my HC and US Fissi are slow growers especially when I do not have a chiller currently.

2) Advice me to remove the soil on the left, put in some support underneath to cushion the weight of the stones, and then throw in more soil. Reason being the stones will press on the soil and over time, when the soil starts to disintegrate, the landscape will become flatter and flatter due to the weight o the rocks.

3) Wrong way to grow HC, growing them in bunches of a few strands will actually helps spread the HC faster as they reproduce growing sideways if conditions are met. Growing them in patches(be it big or small), those HC in the center of the patches will find it harder to spread and tends to grow upwards.

4) Advice me to tear up the patches of HC and any other plants in future after buying fm LFS, and proceed to gv it a little wash as this will not remove any unwanted pests and at the same time remove any dead/rooting part or any foreign plants embedded inside.

WOW, didnt realize my fren is kinda expert(knew him for almost 10 years and nvr remember him saying anything abt keeping fishes or aquascaping etc)

Anyway, going to be busy for the whole of nxt week, thus will follow his advice and do a bit of rescaping after nxt week.

The only positive comment receive
Water looks good(after he ask me to test the kh lvl at 5 and pH lvl at 6.4)

Anyway, he shows me how to plant the HC and have a friendly bet that the way he plants will grows faster than what i did.

the way i plant

and the way my fren did it

After my fren left, came to think of it, good to have someone truthful who will nvr hesitate to gv criticism remarks.
Old 22-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #47
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Your friend is right, But having to remove the soil and put back will only spoil the soil. i dont think you should do it..
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #48
af2373

yr fren's method is also more back breaking....wahaha~~

do keep us posted as you progress ya~
Old 24-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #49
clearsky2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by af2373 View Post
yr fren's method is also more back breaking....wahaha~~

do keep us posted as you progress ya~
Yeap, agreed. Need a long hand for a tank which has 2ft height.
Old 24-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #50
soonhong

Really nice setup and wait for your update when you put in your crs....thanks for sharing...