Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #81
cheangv

Care to elaborate how to build the flushing system?
Old 25-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #82
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheangv
Care to elaborate how to build the flushing system?
Difficult to describe. It's mostly practice in Discus keeping. Go to a discus farm and you will know what I mean.

OK, see with your own eyes on how these top breeders keep their precious, GW or CW. Hope this kill off all the doubt:-

http://rankuwa.web.infoseek.co.jp/ra...kukannkyo.html
http://geocities.com/ozekiranchuclub...iya/index.html
http://kakonon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ranchuindex2.htm

They use very sophisticated draining system for their priceless keeps and I seldom see any of them adopt GW (please share with me those adopt). There are more examples if you folks are interested.

Sad to say for Asian the Jap are always in the forefront and the Chinese (the practition of GW) are always in the chasing game, just like technology.

Last edited by LauLanChu; 25-08-2006 at 12:39 AM.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #83
Ranchu Lover

To one and all forumers. I started this thread in the hope that it will provoke our mind to "think out of the box". We have to realize that some times the "box" was created by someone or people because it suited him or her or they find that it works for them. If renting ponds in the middle of nowhere and having to travel to LCK is your cup of tea even though you stay in Changi Point, then it is ok. When I was younger and staying at the end of Tampinese Rd and was dating my wife then. I used to travel one and the half hours by bus No 2 to Queenstown just to meet her. At times I used to fetch her to my home and then send her back and make that arduous journey back home after sending her back. See when you love someone or something so badly, you could swim to Batam if that is what you have to do to raise your goldfish in GW. I am also prepared to get “wacked” by some people and am happy to see other people’s views. We must learn to make a difference.

What I cannot accept is when I ask some people:
1. How to develope nice goldfish? Only GW!
2. How to develope big and nice wen in goldfish? Only GW!
3. How to achieve nice red colour? Only GW!
4. How to make the fish grow big fast? Only GW!
5. How to let your goldfish live to the age of 50? Only GW!
6. How to make your black ranchu charcoal black? ehhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I think only GW!

I believe that there is another way and probably to me a better way.

The method that I have been experimenting and works very well for me is not difficult to setup and with the right tools, you don't even need to physically do your water change. A hobby is one that you should enjoy doing and not one that you are obsessed with.

If you want to know how the overflow system works, then you have to work for it. Pay me a visit and buy me a cup of kopi and I will share with you. Not forgetting that I make very good teh tarik.

Someone even ask me to pay for his taxi fare for him to find out how my method works.

It all started as a quest just to prove a point that there is another way and probably to many of us a better way. With some thought and planning, one can easily enjoy one’s hobby in the comfort of one’s home. I must give very special mention to “Warcraft168” for such a lovely set-up of his aquarium with beautiful wall algae with excellent ranchus including several show-grade charcoal black ranchus. Mind you guys the aquarium is right in the middle of his living room. I wonder why he never took part in the MFGC?

I bought my tiku in December 2005/January 2006 (cannot exactly remember) when it was the size of a twenty cents coin. I paid S$2/- for it from Good Luck Aquarium at Serangoon North Ave 2, beside the NTUC supermarket. Ask the boss, his wife or son. They are aware of it.

If this little tiku is not a good example, then what is? Maybe those of you who cannot agree that the tiku is a good example you can always tell us why.

Let me also add what one Thai top breeder does. Firstly they collect water from the ground (well) and pass it through this gigantic filter system including UV light sterilization and store the water in a storage pond. All the ponds including the huge mud ponds have the processed stored water flowing 24/7 into these ponds. The excess water overflow and is being discharged off into drains. Absolutely no GW or filter system needed as the overflow takes care of the water quality.

FYI some of the winning fish from our local clubs also come from this farm.
Old 25-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #84
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
Difficult to describe. It's mostly practice in Discus keeping. Go to a discus farm and you will know what I mean.

OK, see with your own eyes on how these top breeders keep their precious, GW or CW. Hope this kill off all the doubt:-

They use very sophisticated draining system for their priceless keeps and I seldom see any of them adopt GW (please share with me those adopt). There are more examples if you folks are interested.

Sad to say for Asian the Jap are always in the forefront and the Chinese (the practition of GW) are always in the chasing game, just like technology.
Hello LauLanChu,

i think u are kicking yourself with those websites because firstly i definitely agree with what you have said with bro RL technique which is also what is adopted in discus keeping.

Now the question is ... Are all the hobbyist here willing to do that and spend those kind of money in the utilities bill.

2nd ... to your websites ... if you could pls check with your 3rd website .. which i believe belongs to one of the ojima ranchu group ... and look at the link to his breeding of ranchu ... pls look carefully into the pic and pls tell us what u see and also pls read his explanation in english and try and understand what he is saying.

as for sekiya san ... his purpose is to show his fishes to the website owner that is why they are kept in clear water. dont u think so ?? well i should say that u should ask the pple who have visited sekiya to comment and not jump to conclusions stating that he uses clear water. Lets not mislead others who are trying to learn.

and lastly u already have 1 doubtful website and 1 GW proven website .... the other is proven a filter using person but would u be kind enough to state who is he. any credentials ??? or is he just a pure hobbyist ???

these must be stated clearly in order to gain substantial evidence for the discussion here. dont u think so ???? dont mislead others ...
cichlidtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 01:18 AM   #85
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Bro RL,

i do not agree with you that GW cannot be used to groom Black Ranchu.

What you have stated in your list of winners are all in the Cat A and little from Cat B.

Any idea what is the reason ????

Could it be possible that for Hobbyist who keep their fishes in GW are growing so fast that they do not meet the requirements at that particular time ?

and what gave u the idea that the other Black Ranchu winners are not kept in GW?

Well, i wouldnt disagree that CW can be used to grow or groom your fishes .... but in order for you to maintain the good water quality is difficult and i think to most hobbyist ... tiring.

How many times of feeding do u do ??? if i have not remember wrongly from your previous post u said 6 times a day. now how much waste will that be generated ?? without your flushing system or maybe together with a filter which runs daily ... i think your fishes would have suffered from ammonia attack in no time.

wouldnt u agree ???
Old 25-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #86
cichlidtalk
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
To one and all forumers. I started this thread in the hope that it will provoke our mind to "think out of the box". We have to realize that some times the "box" was created by someone or people because it suited him or her or they find that it works for them. If renting ponds in the middle of nowhere and having to travel to LCK is your cup of tea even though you stay in Changi Point, then it is ok. When I was younger and staying at the end of Tampinese Rd and was dating my wife then. I used to travel one and the half hours by bus No 2 to Queenstown just to meet her. At times I used to fetch her to my home and then send her back and make that arduous journey back home after sending her back. See when you love someone or something so badly, you could swim to Batam if that is what you have to do to raise your goldfish in GW. I am also prepared to get “wacked” by some people and am happy to see other people’s views. We must learn to make a difference.

What I cannot accept is when I ask some people:
1. How to develope nice goldfish? Only GW! Define nice ??? if you think that a goldfish has to be strong looking i think so .. if u want a fish to look fat i dont think so.
2. How to develope big and nice wen in goldfish? Only GW! As shown in Bro LauLanChu website and explained as well ... it will grow better with GW but not necessary to have GW to grow wen
3. How to achieve nice red colour? Only GW! Most likely unless colour enhancing food are used or other food high in asaxinthin or carotene. and i disagree with the Sun Tannning thingy.
4. How to make the fish grow big fast? Only GW! Or Agressive feeding and water changing as used in discus.
5. How to let your goldfish live to the age of 50? Only GW! Dont think any goldfish can live until that age. pls be reasonable with your questions
6. How to make your black ranchu charcoal black? ehhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I think only GW!Charcoal black or not .. but still it can be raised in GW dont you agree.

I believe that there is another way and probably to me a better way.

The method that I have been experimenting and works very well for me is not difficult to setup and with the right tools, you don't even need to physically do your water change. A hobby is one that you should enjoy doing and not one that you are obsessed with.

If you want to know how the overflow system works, then you have to work for it. Pay me a visit and buy me a cup of kopi and I will share with you. Not forgetting that I make very good teh tarik.

Someone even ask me to pay for his taxi fare for him to find out how my method works.

It all started as a quest just to prove a point that there is another way and probably to many of us a better way. With some thought and planning, one can easily enjoy one’s hobby in the comfort of one’s home. I must give very special mention to “Warcraft168” for such a lovely set-up of his aquarium with beautiful wall algae with excellent ranchus including several show-grade charcoal black ranchus. Mind you guys the aquarium is right in the middle of his living room. I wonder why he never took part in the MFGC?

I bought my tiku in December 2005/January 2006 (cannot exactly remember) when it was the size of a twenty cents coin. I paid S$2/- for it from Good Luck Aquarium at Serangoon North Ave 2, beside the NTUC supermarket. Ask the boss, his wife or son. They are aware of it.

If this little tiku is not a good example, then what is? Maybe those of you who cannot agree that the tiku is a good example you can always tell us why.

Let me also add what one Thai top breeder does. Firstly they collect water from the ground (well) and pass it through this gigantic filter system including UV light sterilization and store the water in a storage pond. All the ponds including the huge mud ponds have the processed stored water flowing 24/7 into these ponds. The excess water overflow and is being discharged off into drains. Absolutely no GW or filter system needed as the overflow takes care of the water quality.

FYI some of the winning fish from our local clubs also come from this farm.
My reply to you in red .. what do u think ???
Old 25-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #87
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu

As bro Cichlidtalk pointed out here it is. This shows people are looking but not seeing the correct information.

Old 25-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #88
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidtalk

My reply to you in red .. what do u think ???
I didn't ask for answers or comments, neither will I answer your questions and comments, but I was making a point that GW is not the only and best way to raise goldfish to their best potential.

Unless you can flaw my method of keeping goldfish, which I absolutely proclaim that is with crystal clear water, then I have made my point already.

You will have to identify and point out in what areas that GW can achieve for goldfish that CW cannot. Whether the top Japanese breeders use GW or not is not relevant here. For all you know, Japanese GW practitioner could have missed out on a better technique all these hundreds of years. If my statement is true, then don't you agree that you have been misled all these years.

Don't you think that after 76 years scientists have come to realize that Pluto is not considered a planet after all? Noting wrong continuing calling Pluto a planet, right? Wrong! Said the scientists because Pluto does not alter or affect the solar system.

MFGC is my first Fancy Goldfish Competition. That applies to my "kakis". Would you not agree that given time and also anticipation for future competitions, that my "Kakis" and I, if we put our heart and soul into the hobby, with an aim to win competitions, will do much better the next time round? Our local club has been competing since time memorial. Is it fair to compare my winnings with a whole club of God knows how many members and arsenal of goldfish. How do you compare a whole farm load of ponds with my miserable 3 ft tub?

Finally I would like to repeat this again. What is wrong with CW method or raising goldfish?
Old 25-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #89
Jikin

Hi guys, I managed to scan the images from the ranchu books I got from Kinokuniya.
Below are pictures from the book highlighting Ishikawa farm.

If I am not wrong, Ishikawa is considered the father of ranchus (correct me if I am wrong...read from the various threads). This book does seem to talk a bit about the types of water used for different season. Unfortunately I do not understand Jap. Otherwise can know more.

If Ishikawa is the father of ranchus, and he is using both types of water...then let's understand it well instead of debating. This will bring us to no where.

Last edited by Jikin; 30-05-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 25-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #90
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
You will have to identify and point out in what areas that GW can achieve for goldfish that CW cannot. Whether the top Japanese breeders use GW or not is not relevant here. For all you know, Japanese GW practitioner could have missed out on a better technique all these hundreds of years. If my statement is true, then don't you agree that you have been misled all these years.
Or it could be the other way, who knows.