Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #51
cheangv

Why is it that whenever there is a discussion on GW versus CW, we get into very frivolous arguments with no real beneficialy discussions, especially from Sotong. I'm a relative newbie here and have not voiced this out in the past but if you don't have anything to contribute besides your one liner rebuttals, then why bother. We are all here to share our experiences and not to try to put someone down just because we don't have the same practice.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #52
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by #CL#
Your statement is misleading.

The key test is whether you bought the fish just before the competition and played no part in grooming the fish. Nice fish at the point of purchase, can be ruined quite quickly in the hands of a novice.
Point well said. There is a huge difference between buying fishes before the comp to compete and buying fishes and groomed it for competition some time in the future. Dun we all buy fishes from somewhere?

Sotong >>> Even Ozeki, VRC and Geert buy from reputable Japanese breeders and if they send this purchased fishes for competition later, are they also considered buying fishes to win? You logic is seriously flawed and you always like to quote the extreme rather the general.

Like I say, you can contribute more as I think you know a fair bit in this hobby. Just can't understand why are you so "destructive" in this forum.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #53
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheangv
Why is it that whenever there is a discussion on GW versus CW, we get into very frivolous arguments with no real beneficialy discussions, especially from Sotong. I'm a relative newbie here and have not voiced this out in the past but if you don't have anything to contribute besides your one liner rebuttals, then why bother. We are all here to share our experiences and not to try to put someone down just because we don't have the same practice.
Welcome to the forum, it has been like that always. Several people has tried changing it but to no avail. You will get used to it once you learned how to handle them.

Don't let this dampen your spirit or enthusiam in this hobby. Try to experiment and see what setup works best for you (CW or GW) and just continue to use it.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #54
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh
Welcome to the forum, it has been like that always. Several people has tried changing it but to no avail. You will get used to it once you learned how to handle them.

Don't let this dampen your spirit or enthusiam in this hobby. Try to experiment and see what setup works best for you (CW or GW) and just continue to use it.
Very well said. Knowledge is power. If we just want to follow blindly what "experts" do, then we are only the looser. What that is applicable to the Japanese may not be applicable to us. We should follow what the Thais have succeeded in achieving all these years. Their TVRs are now as good as the Japanese bred.

When I was at Master Kashino student's home, I was shown seven of Master Kashino's best Tosai and also those bred by his student. I can only say that I cannot tell the difference.

Look at the Thai bred black ranchus. Has anyone seen or can show me a better China or Japanese bred black ranchu? Know the difference and be willing to accept what is best. As I was looking at the ranchus from the Japanese magazines and pictures of ranchus taken before the war years, I can only say that the ranchus have improved by leaps and bounds.

Move on my friends and let not traditions hold you back. When reality struck you, it may be too late.

Let me share with you a story.

There was once this yound man who was walking along a busy street. Loh and behold, he say a $10/- note on the floor and no one even notice the money. This young man pick it up and as is expected was jumping for joy.

This incident begins a personal quest for him to be looking down on the ground everywhere he went. When he was free, he would walk for miles just so that he could find more money.

Finally, after 50 years later on his death-bed, he had found a total of $316.05. For 50 years, he went around to fulfill this "dream". But in that 50 years, he had missed out on the beauty of this world. The world that is above the ground.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #55
#CL#

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheangv
Welcome to this unique culture of this forum.

Been in and out of this forum for long time, the same protagonists don't change.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #56
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by #CL#
Welcome to this unique culture of this forum.

Been in and out of this forum for long time, the same protagonists don't change.
You may not be able to change some people's perception, but you must learn to know the difference and have the wisdom to follow what is best for you.

Just because some people has to rent ponds to cultivate GW or live in landed property just to embrace GW, does not me we have to follow. To many of us goldfish keeping is just a hobby, there are many many more interesting things to do in life. Even now, all my children are grown up now, I still finds many many interesting things to do besides goldfish keeping.

To date, no one has shown me or this forum that my CW method is more inferior to the use of GW. What GW can do to my goldfish that I have missed out.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #57
Nemo2

Talking

Helloo people long time no tok!!! Wah this still hot topic huh!!!
Old 24-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #58
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
One more thing that I forget to add is that they perform 100% water change. The water passes through a huge stainless steel charcoal cannister about 2.5' dia x 6' tall. I was told that the charcoal needs replacement once a year.

You must know that Master Kashino student lives in a very huge bunglow beside the river bank at a very high class estate. You can literaly launch a boat from his house.

One more thing, Master Kashino goes through the task every morning and evening to siphon off the ranchu's waste. How to see shit if you use GW?
Brudders, photos tell me Kashino use gwater but not the jade green type, Kashino’s student doesn’t use Kashino’s system like what RLover say got big charcoal thingy and I’m sure RLover did not see Kashino’s student’s pond is green like in Kashino’s photos since RLover say milky, RLover looks like use different system also (brudder can say in detail your system?), some use light gw some use jade gw, some clear water with algae on walls. But I think 2 things are common, sun, water change and eat green (algae or what is the Thai vege?) in all the systems. What is also clear these systems not inside house with no sun, using overhead filter or other type of filter (brudder RLover you also don’t use filter,right?) brudders correct or not?
Old 24-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #59
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2
Helloo people long time no tok!!! Wah this still hot topic huh!!!
welcome brudder again long time no hear, where you go? checking lfss ah? join in the fun ah cheong ah
Old 24-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #60
Nemo2

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta
welcome brudder again long time no hear, where you go? checking lfss ah? join in the fun ah cheong ah
Been busy.... lots of work... Cheong Aaaaaaah!!!!!But this topic abit sianz liao leh..... only one thing to say...(Prople will believe in what they want to believe in).