Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #9
zonkkie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
I am using Eheim compact plus series and Mr. Aqua OHF combo.

This model allows you to fix the pump at high level.

All you need is attach a standard elbow to the outlet of the pump to direct the water to the filter box and attach a straight pipe toward the gravel at the inlet of the pump.
thanks bro! Yup, got this running in one of my tanks but a eheim compact (not the plus model) and stuck to the side using suckers. The eheim suckers appear pretty good and the compact pump is pretty light - should be fine and doesnt slide down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Bro Zonkkie,

If you insist on ious (I may get the acronym wrong), set your rock pile to the other end of the tank. That way it's far from the suction. But I heard sand may get sucked in? Need ious user to verify.
In your case I would rather use a canister, but place the inlet around 20cm above sand level.

Jo
Hi Jo - first thanks for your training and poison on tanganyika 101. Know go see your tanks sure tio poison deep deep one.

Have already decided to use the current 7x1.5x2 tank for the tangas after migrating the altums and discus to a new tank. Will be running canister + ohf + ios. My ios no underflow so should be ok be used with sand!

thanks all for advice - anything else do let me know.
zonkkie is offline   Reply With Quote