Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
GoLdiRoCks

Default 小单单's Progress {Oranda} and my uncle's ranchus (Now they are mine to keep)

BEFORE- 14 Jan 2009

AFTER - 5 Feb 2009

XDD is currently residing in my main tank with 2 other ranchus [The ones my uncle passed to me due to his tank leakage]. I asked if he will be taking them back once his new tank stabilised. However, my uncle has 'gf-roving' eye, so told me to keep these 2 that he kept with me because he bought new GFs liao. I don't mind keeping these 2 as during the time they were with me, I got abit attached to them too. Now I can officially say these are mine
Here are the 2 Ranchus' pics

BEFORE- 25 Jan 2009

I named this "Guilty" ."This one got some say Lionchu

I named this "Buffalo" aka "Buffy". This one tail weak

Next post I will be posting the Ranchu After pics

Do feel free to let me know what you think of these GF under my care and share tips/advice on how I can improve on my tank/wc set up

My Tank/Feeding Routine:
WC 20-30% everyday
3 feedings (morning- Mixed Pellets/Afternoon- FBW/ Evening- Peas)
Canister Filtration system/2 airstones/one UV which I hardly use at all)
Main tank : 3*1.5*1.5ft

Last edited by GoLdiRoCks; 06-02-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
GoLdiRoCks

AFTER- 5 Feb 2009
"Guilty"

"Buffy"

A few more pics of them

and lastly

Guilty is somewhat one GF I have a soft spot for. He looks really guilty and the way he swims like mini black society boss

My tank has some sunlight exposure, hence green algae flooring and wall (same for my 2 temp tanks as well). I waiting for the algae to grow on the floor so that they have "carpet glass" to glide on

Last edited by GoLdiRoCks; 06-02-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
Alvin Loh

Beautiful Goldfishes there nice....
Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
slypower50
Dragon

nice work on that bro.. most if not all of your fish have bulk up..
Btw.. just curious, how old are you ar? You "sound" young.. haha.. optional to ans through..
slypower50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
GoLdiRoCks

Thank you bros for kind comments.

To the bro who like to know my age to determine my maturity level, may I politely ask what has age has to do with the ardent passion for the hobby? I contemplated whether to answer your question, but why have people label me when I reveal my age?

2 possible extreme scenarios
"OIC, no wonder you type like that So Toy'r'us "
or
"OIC, you are very childish for an old person, chey...Mutton trying to be lamb"

Both also don't result in whether my GF is properly cared for or what can I improve on them? Just to catagorised me as a type of person in other people's books.

But I have to thank the bro for giving me the choice to not answer as well. Perhaps my flamboyant flair of writing/naming everything down to my tank canister made you think otherwise.

I can simply say this: it's not my age that makes me write the way I write, it's my crazy personality and enthusiasm to hear what other forum bros can share with me in GF rearing . Next time, I will use standard one-liner 'Bros, comment pls' to avoid wordiness.

My final lengthy post in the forum and my sincere apologies to forum bros who think I am a pain in the a** or too enthu-noobie-ish.

FYI,I will still post (but will KISS), keep reading and learning from all of you.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

nice collections there............chEErs
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
slypower50
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLdiRoCks View Post
Thank you bros for kind comments.

To the bro who like to know my age to determine my maturity level, may I politely ask what has age has to do with the ardent passion for the hobby? I contemplated whether to answer your question, but why have people label me when I reveal my age?

2 possible extreme scenarios
"OIC, no wonder you type like that So Toy'r'us "
or
"OIC, you are very childish for an old person, chey...Mutton trying to be lamb"

Both also don't result in whether my GF is properly cared for or what can I improve on them? Just to catagorised me as a type of person in other people's books.

But I have to thank the bro for giving me the choice to not answer as well. Perhaps my flamboyant flair of writing/naming everything down to my tank canister made you think otherwise.

I can simply say this: it's not my age that makes me write the way I write, it's my crazy personality and enthusiasm to hear what other forum bros can share with me in GF rearing . Next time, I will use standard one-liner 'Bros, comment pls' to avoid wordiness.

My final lengthy post in the forum and my sincere apologies to forum bros who think I am a pain in the a** or too enthu-noobie-ish.

FYI,I will still post (but will KISS), keep reading and learning from all of you.
haha.. i agree with you that age got nothing to do with the hobby.. haha.. just being kpo lah.. dont worry.. KISS -> Keep it short simple.. ahha..nice one there...As for the words in bold.. i think it is a very good practice for us to label down our tank spec and feeding routine so that people can learn..
No need for apologies lah.. we are here to learn and most importantly, you have done nothing wrong..

Last edited by slypower50; 06-02-2009 at 11:22 AM.
slypower50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
tiewster
Arofanatic

nice GFs u have there...
tiewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Blueocean

Nice collection you have there. Seems to be looking better under your care. Hehe.