Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 27-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #21
iscariot
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthol28 View Post
Are you implying pap supporters as dogs? As far as I know only dogs bark and bites, pls lah need to use such words?
Not directly anyone in particular but humans are wise, they will usually think before ranting over issue.
iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #22
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
By the time you read this, I have already ZAP you 3 points.

1. Do you need to open a new thread just to discredit Mr.Low or the Opposition even though another thread by Stargazer (7 days mourning period) already touch on this issue at 12.11am before you made this post? Don't tell me you didn't read there.

2. The media already apologised for the error on Low's speech, but why didn't you publish his full speech in your thread? 2 secs after your post here, Aris already posted the full speech in the other thread (7 days mourning period) while you choose not to do so.

3. Have you totally forgotten about the CONDOLENCE LETTER FROM PRIME MINISTER LEE HSIEN LOONG ON DEMISE OF JB JEYARETNAM? If you have forgotten, or choose not to remember, Richardg has reproduced it here.

So who is Politicizing Death? For this I ZAP u loh.
Also for not telling the whole truth about Low's speech.
cool it, gc.

There are some for it, some simply don't mah

honest, for that, me too was labelled "stupid" shut up my big gap etc etc

me take it with a pinch of salt hoh. Dance must dance horse must ride - canto slang
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #23
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Sure no problem for me. I am just speaking my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
cool it, gc.

There are some for it, some simply don't mah

honest, for that, me too was labelled "stupid" shut up my big gap etc etc

me take it with a pinch of salt hoh. Dance must dance horse must ride - canto slang
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #24
iscariot
Dragon

My english is poor, i looked up in the dictionary and saw point 6. Hope i did not use any wrong word.

Tapatalk
Old 27-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #25
AlvinLeong
Dragon

TS now in management. TS travelled around the world. We not in managememt. We suaku.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #26
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
TS now in management. TS travelled around the world. We not in managememt. We suaku.
last time I failed English........so cannot read properly.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #27
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
I chance upon this video last night which a group of very young journalists interview LKY.
I did watch this program back then (2006) and my thots are quite diff as compare to rewatching it last night.
Back in 2006, I thot these youngers have no respect to LKY but last night, I feel that LKY old style is not suitable for todays younger generation. you can see from the video these youngers don't agree with LKY be it verbally or non verbally.

This is what S Rajaratnam says abt LKY verbatim
Quote:
"There is a difference between me and Kuan Yew. He was not all that keen on democracy, “one man one vote.” I always believed that every one should be allowed to vote. This was an important difference. Goh Keng Swee had a different approach. He was a civil servant. We must have a very strong civil service. And we can dominate by running the civil service, and there is fair play all round.

I believe in democracy. Here, Kuan Yew and I don’t agree. He says, “You are very naïve. You don’t understand. One man, one vote won’t work.” Recently, he said there should be two votes for every educated man.

I express my views. Every citizen has the right to vote. Lee Kuan Yew says that you cannot trust democracy. I believe you can and you must.

And Lee had this belief in IQ. Some are born with high IQ and some with low IQ. I remember once arguing with him. I said, “What is IQ based on?” I still have the book, Not In Your Genes. It makes this point: you can take the blood of any person, Chinese or Indian. Can the blood tell the IQ? No! It’s impossible. It’s not genetic.

Lee Kuan Yew is a dominant man. But Chok Tong believes in consensus. Once he’s decided, that’s it. There was little tiff between him and his son, you know. Because Lee Kuan Yew said, “If anyone stops my way, it doesn’t matter who he is, I’ll push him away.” For the first time the son was being different. And Lee Kuan Yew said, “No if anyone stands in my way I’ll just push through.” So while Lee Kuan Yew is alive, he’ll be dominant.

He knows that we can’t live forever. His dream is to leave behind a reputation. So that even when he passes away, that Singapore will remember him. That this is the man we wanted in Singapore. I don’t think that exactly what he wrote, but that is how he reflected himself, project himself.

Lee Kuan Yew ... believes that if there are more Lee Kuan Yew’s, this place will hum."
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #28
menthol28
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscariot View Post

My english is poor, i looked up in the dictionary and saw point 6. Hope i did not use any wrong word.

Tapatalk
But to use bark and bite in the same sentence insinuates other meanings...
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #29
iscariot
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthol28 View Post
But to use bark and bite in the same sentence insinuates other meanings...
It means you are putting words into my mouth. Humans do bite too.
Old 27-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #30
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

barney, honest, me shocked hoh

under very stand
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote