Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 08-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
Now that GE is near, Pappy will again threaten that if there a freak result and they are voted out, then SG will be doomed.
Is that so?
Are the PAP ministers really that good? Indispensible?
(1) Old man will return from his grave...

(2) His whole family will not be holding such high paying jobs.

(3) Someone may end up singing in pubs and KTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleslie View Post
they might not the best but the opp arent better.....
Well put. Aren't better, thus can deliver the same kind of results. Aren't gg to be worst either.

If they can't do as well, we vote them out again in 5yrs

But if you mean to say the Opp aren't better thus you voted pap, than it's little wonder pple like me suffers since the last election. Think again

Last edited by globalcookie; 08-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
LoNgFei

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleslie View Post
they might not the best but the opp arent better.....
So far as I can see, the opps haven been tested yet, how would you know they aint better? And since PAP already prove themselves in the last 5 year that most of them are not worthy, and we also can't guarantee they will improve in the next 5 years yet most likely, they will refuse to change their policy...

So it is a 50/50 chance..... Which would you choose?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
Can can.... 10 yrs oso can.... 20 yrs oso can.... cos many other countries no PAP majority can oso survive n prosper until now......
Hanor Hanor .......
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNgFei View Post
So far as I can see, the opps haven been tested yet, how would you know they aint better?
Correction correction. Some opp have proven themselves better than PAP ministers now.

Remember the forums that we watch on TV lately? Dr Vincent gave very good points and ways to change how things are done. If we compare initials and other similarities, Dr Vivian doesn't seems to have proven his abilities, but proven to be incompetent.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
GnJ99

Quote:
Now that GE is near, Pappy will again threaten that if there a freak result and they are voted out, then SG will be doomed.
Is that so?
So if PAP is out, will we survive?
So if I can paraphrase this question, would SG descend into anarchy, civil unrest and perhaps, mayhem & chaos without PAP ??

If so, then I would be extremely worried what PAP is currently doing as the ruling party in the government. The systems, the checks, the policies, the succession planning are all bull crap.

Singapore, Inc. will fail if there is a change of management ?? How would you feel, as the shareholders of a company, when your interests are being threatened by a CEO of the management team telling you "You replace me and my team and you loose BIG .."

Singapore Inc. AGM coming and as shareholder, you can put a motion in place and vote wisely ...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #16
LoNgFei

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Correction correction. Some opp have proven themselves better than PAP ministers now.

Remember the forums that we watch on TV lately? Dr Vincent gave very good points and ways to change how things are done. If we compare initials and other similarities, Dr Vivian doesn't seems to have proven his abilities, but proven to be incompetent.
Sorry my mistake for a while there I tot you are refering Dr Vincent had proven to be incompetent...

But talking and action is two different thing, PAP used to do alot of talking and their speeches had impressed many back then.. But action wise... the result is different..

Last edited by LoNgFei; 08-04-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNgFei View Post
But talking and action is two different thing, PAP used to do alot of talking and their speeches had impressed many back then.. But action wise... the result is different..
You said it right. Now, if a person can't even talk rightly, how would another do it right? Look at how the PAP ministers handled issues and accountability.

They didn't impress me with their speeches before, on top of that, they proven themselves so well when things goes wrong.

Just these alone, I will entrust 5yrs to Opposition and let them prove their talk.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
superFishy

Quote:
where is the "LIKE" button?
wahaha gum xia gum xia.

but its true. shd have heard channel news asia ystd. one side say this the other side slap own mouth. dunnoe what that fella talking. maybe he big head talking to small head only. self talk.

but seirously. whos to say we can't survive? and they kind of dun get it. we're not asking a complete BYE BYE to pap. which is impoosible to replace the whole government by complete group of opposition to fill in all seats.

what we're asking is for a representative. a voice. and not complete rule by the pap.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
dragon888
Arofanatic

of course we can....no one is indispensable.....
dragon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #20
af2373

hate it when they use scare/threaten tactics when GE is coming. knn