Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 16-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
terence28

Default Baby Showa 16cm

Hi bros,

This one I happened to chance upon it at Nippon sales area in one of the blue round tubs, not hidden away in some corner of the farm. This tub was a selection of harvested tosai showa, average quality ones that are for sale.

This maruten showa caught my eye cos the shape is fat & short like rugby ball, and the Hi pattern is simple 2-step with maruten spot. Ah Seng actually discouraged me from taking this as he thinks the proportion is not so ideal and quality is not top level, but i backside itchy so i decided to grow it on to see what happens.

What do you guys think? Sgbetta u like?
Old 16-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
FD3S
Dragon

This one looks a little short leh. Will it become rugby ball shaped?

But could be the photo angle though... I'm sure you'll know better. Please do update.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
z3r0in

bro Terence... when u go to nippon?
btw i like this showa esp the HI on the head...
do update us bro...
Old 16-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Yoz bro this piece look like got nice body....But the pattern is not interesting... I still goes for the chio Sanke....
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
koipt

interesting catch! do update us on the progress.
Old 16-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
CLLIU

I guess is how much you pay vs what you getting. If the price you pay is reasonable, then this is consider a good piece.

Otherwise, I personally think there is a big gap between the RED PATCH at the head and the rest of the body. Chances, this will get more and more obvious as the fish grows..Also, the light "hidden" black between the head and body may darken over time. Also,the red spot has hidden dark as well which may emerge later as well.
Old 17-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
potato

hw much does the little fellow cost
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
Nishikigoi22

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
Hi bros,

This one I happened to chance upon it at Nippon sales area in one of the blue round tubs, not hidden away in some corner of the farm. This tub was a selection of harvested tosai showa, average quality ones that are for sale.

This maruten showa caught my eye cos the shape is fat & short like rugby ball, and the Hi pattern is simple 2-step with maruten spot. Ah Seng actually discouraged me from taking this as he thinks the proportion is not so ideal and quality is not top level, but i backside itchy so i decided to grow it on to see what happens.

What do you guys think? Sgbetta u like?
Me like........ Kiwa n sashi is gooddd....body size very nice too..much like sakai koi. Great choice bro!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
terence28

Strange, I thought I had replied some of the earlier questions.... maybe Mod cleaned up... anyway, i'll reply the new comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishikigoi22 View Post
Me like........ Kiwa n sashi is gooddd....body size very nice too..much like sakai koi. Great choice bro!
Thanks bro, its been two months, still looks small as ever, maybe becos the rest are bigger relatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
hw much does the little fellow cost
I cant remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLLIU View Post
I guess is how much you pay vs what you getting. If the price you pay is reasonable, then this is consider a good piece.

Otherwise, I personally think there is a big gap between the RED PATCH at the head and the rest of the body. Chances, this will get more and more obvious as the fish grows..Also, the light "hidden" black between the head and body may darken over time. Also,the red spot has hidden dark as well which may emerge later as well.
Thanks for your comments. Will update in a couple of months how it develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koipt View Post
interesting catch! do update us on the progress.
Thanks, will do!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
AngryMan
Senior Dragon

Default Koi

Thanks for sharing. Love the body shape. Do keep us update on its development.
AngryMan is offline   Reply With Quote