Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #41
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Congrats. A dream come true for you. Waiting for my dream to come true 1 day too.

Good to know it win a price. Does anyone know the reason why it lose out? It is because it is a male koi and lost out in term of size?
Depending on the competition lah. I can't recall the 1st prize winner but thought it was Nippon fish (I could be wrong).

I think those 30 bu and below are all on the skinny side and fishes in the same category have similar body/girth.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #42
terence28

Quote:
Congrats. A dream come true for you. Waiting for my dream to come true 1 day too.

Good to know it win a price. Does anyone know the reason why it lose out? It is because it is a male koi and lost out in term of size?
there were only 2 showa in size 30, both entered by Nippon on behalf of their customers, and both local bred. U can see the pics on their website.

In my opinion, the winning showa has deeper Hi and a nice white patch at the shoulder that stood out, while i find this showa got better sumi pattern & darker sumi.

If there were more entries, it wld be better competition and wld give more creditability to the prizes won.
Old 13-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #43
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
there were only 2 showa in size 30, both entered by Nippon on behalf of their customers, and both local bred. U can see the pics on their website.

In my opinion, the winning showa has deeper Hi and a nice white patch at the shoulder that stood out, while i find this showa got better sumi pattern & darker sumi.

If there were more entries, it wld be better competition and wld give more creditability to the prizes won.
Very clear explanation and honest assessment. Thumbs up for you.
Old 13-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #44
Kohaku
Dragon

Is this the showa you are talking about? If it is, It really outshine the 2nd prize showa in terms of almost every aspect of a showa. It got nice sumi, intense hi and good shiro. It confirm have my vote more.

Last edited by Kohaku; 21-03-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #45
QAE8687

OMG!!! One of my dream pattern for Showa! I love it!
Old 14-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #46
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAE8687 View Post
OMG!!! One of my dream pattern for Showa! I love it!
Then you should fly down to Singapore to visit Nippon koi farm. Last I heard it is up for sale.
Old 14-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #47
terence28

Quote:
Is this the showa you are talking about? If it is, It really outshine the 2nd prize showa in terms of almost every aspect of a showa. It got nice sumi, intense hi and good shiro. It confirm have my vote more.
This one is 30bu 1st, not 35bu. My mistake in the post above, i meant 35bu but typed in 30bu. The 35bu 1st was not on their website... my mistake again...
Old 14-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #48
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

That showa is indeed very chio!!!
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #49
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbetta View Post
That showa is indeed very chio!!!
yrs the most chio liao lor... all keep at home... in retrospect it was heng u didnt expose them to the risks.... that's 1 reason i have never entered any of my own for any show. Maybe the April one I might, if i have suitable one...
Old 14-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #50
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
yrs the most chio liao lor... all keep at home... in retrospect it was heng u didnt expose them to the risks.... that's 1 reason i have never entered any of my own for any show. Maybe the April one I might, if i have suitable one...
Apr Show, you have "no choice". Must have entry to support our big bro aka Albert's Santa Claus.