Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
ahpek_lion
Dragon

Default What is the average Koi Growth Rate?

Hi Bros

I am wondering what is an average growth rate of a koi based on age? did some research on google but was unable to get any relevant info.

I believe mani bros here have experience in keeping koi since it was a baby. Perhaps can share with us how long the koi would be at estimated age of

- 1mth
- 3mths
- 1yr
- 2yrs
- 3yrs

Thank u
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Actuali i tink the qestion is very subjective!!!The bloodline, type of food fed, nos of time u feed the fish....etc play a part in it. If the fish belong to the fish head group(jumbo tosai) oso is important. Juz a example my 4mth old tosai can measure 15cm and your 4mth old can be 25cm......
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
ahpek_lion
Dragon

my koi growth rate super slow (approx 1yr old 18cm) seems like i need to reduce fishes to make them grow larger. Wait till i find a proper place den i will get a bigger tub for the fishes
ahpek_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahpek_lion View Post
Hi Bros

I am wondering what is an average growth rate of a koi based on age? did some research on google but was unable to get any relevant info.

I believe mani bros here have experience in keeping koi since it was a baby. Perhaps can share with us how long the koi would be at estimated age of

- 1mth
- 3mths -> 12cm
- 1yr -> 40-45cm
- 2yrs -> 55-65cm
- 3yrs -> 65-70cm

Thank u
My answer above in blue, based on average from my koi in a 120ton pond, and i look for jumbo potential at whatever size when i buy. As sgbetta said, alot of factors affect growth....