Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #51
highlander_den

I went to Y618 yday and saw that they are selling neon orange crayfish. Their back pattern is almost similar to CPO's, as far as a newbie like me look at it. Uncle told me they will grow, but not as big as the normal crayfish. Below are some photos I took to share with all bros.

Old 14-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #52
nasty12
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
I went to Y618 yday and saw that they are selling neon orange crayfish. Their back pattern is almost similar to CPO's, as far as a newbie like me look at it. Uncle told me they will grow, but not as big as the normal crayfish. Below are some photos I took to share with all bros.
Bro did he mention how big will it grow to? seems pretty smiliar to the 1 i saw @ c328 as well but auntie told me the size is Slighty (around an inch ) smaller than usual ones. but im not sure if its the same.
Old 14-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #53
botakme
Arofanatic

So far, Cambarellus patzcuarensis is the smallest species. Other species at young may look like CPO, better ensure it is the species you want before keeping them, some of these species even if look like orange in color are known to ripe plants apart and grow to very big size.
Old 14-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #54
randchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by botakme View Post
So far, Cambarellus patzcuarensis is the smallest species. Other species at young may look like CPO, better ensure it is the species you want before keeping them, some of these species even if look like orange in color are known to ripe plants apart and grow to very big size.
How do you differentiate them for sure ? The pics in Highlander_dens photos looks like adult CPOs to me..

Old 14-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #55
Patrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by randchai View Post
How do you differentiate them for sure ? The pics in Highlander_dens photos looks like adult CPOs to me..
CPOs will tend to have like the 2 stripes on their body, if i'm not wrong...

Old 14-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #56
randchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique View Post
CPOs will tend to have like the 2 stripes on their body, if i'm not wrong...
I believe there's a variation without stripes as well..

Old 14-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #57
botakme
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
Don't they provide scientific name? It is meaningless to call all short of names and at the end, we dont know what species we are keeping and how to give them a good enviroment.
Old 15-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #58
silane
Senior Dragon

CPO sex:

Old 15-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #59
randchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
CPO sex:

Thks bro !

Old 16-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #60
highlander_den

Bro Silane, that was very nice of you to show us how to tell the sexes of CPO, with the great help of the photos. Thank you.

Closed Thread