Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-07-2003, 01:04 PM   #391
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies
the air pump may solve the night suffocation problem but it may cause too much oxygen in the day time??

i thought green algae consume only ammonia?? if bb consumes all the ammonia, then green algae will not grow.
Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
The peducle of your ranchus is rather long. Very much different from the ranchu in my avatar leh.
Hiyah, turn off the air-pump (use a timer?) during day-time and problem solved leow. Nothing beats changing water regularly though, not only to reduce the intensity but also to rid toxic stuffs that are present and not removed by algae.

Yes, like I mentioned before, we don't know how much ammonia your bb will consume. Hence, bio-filtration is not a good idea. It was a idea posted by bro vix but, for once, he had a bad idea lah.
Old 24-07-2003, 01:21 PM   #392
Xerovix

heng manz... it was not an idea but a challenging question.

still the presense of nitrite and nitrate are detected... most prolly BB can be found on biofilm on the surface of the boat. but if the levels are low i do not think that's any cause fo alarm.

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Hiyah, turn off the air-pump (use a timer?) during day-time and problem solved leow. Nothing beats changing water regularly though, not only to reduce the intensity but also to rid toxic stuffs that are present and not removed by algae.

Yes, like I mentioned before, we don't know how much ammonia your bb will consume. Hence, bio-filtration is not a good idea. It was a idea posted by bro vix but, for once, he had a bad idea lah.
Old 24-07-2003, 03:31 PM   #393
goldies

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha

ya lah, can use timer lor