Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
Ranchu Lover

Default Goldfish changing colour

Is it normal and OK for a goldfish to be changing its colour pattern like a full red becoming white or a white becoming red?
Old 24-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
Nemo2

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Is it normal and OK for a goldfish to be changing its colour pattern like a full red becoming white or a white becoming red?
The only time that happen to my GF is when its sick...... not long later it will die.....
Old 24-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Hikari O

Default Colour fading

Agree with bro nemo, prepare for the worst when Ranchu changes colour. I have a nice 6 inch which I noticed colour fading symptoms, not long after he contracted bladder disease and started to swim side ways.

Put him in my hospital tank and after a lot of hard work - daily water change and adminstering of interpet no 9, regained his lost colours and came back to life again.

Good luck
Old 24-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
Ranchu Lover

Colour fading and colour changing are different. The first refers to a red fish beoming yellow and the latter refers to a full red becoming red/white or red/white to full red. It is something like one pop star turning from black to white.
Old 24-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Nemo2

Quote:
Colour fading and colour changing are different. The first refers to a red fish beoming yellow and the latter refers to a full red becoming red/white or red/white to full red. It is something like one pop star turning from black to white.
Hmm the only type of colour change is colour become better, more prominent!!! But total change i no c b4!! U hav to show us Uncle RL!!!
Old 24-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
crossdiscus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
i got one black Ranchu afew month later the fishes change colour black to white. don't why???....
crossdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
KOP

I also have a ranchu changed from red to white but still very healthy and eating well. Both have never heard of black to white.
Old 24-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOP
I also have a ranchu changed from red to white but still very healthy and eating well. Both have never heard of black to white.
Sounds like the "pop star".
Old 24-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #9
Nemo2

Talking

Quote:
Sounds like the "pop star".
Yah better take note that 'Ranchu' got disturb the little fishes in the tank a not.... hee hee....
Old 24-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #10
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2
Yah better take note that 'Ranchu' got disturb the little fishes in the tank a not.... hee hee....
Disturb the small male fish.