Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 17-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #11
gereld_hor
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygu
I hv a friend who used internal filter for his shrimp tank and never maintenance for 6 months. The flow is very weak but the shrimp is ok with it. I am wondering is flow rate really important for the shrimp?
in order for ur filter to work well and last long, maintanace is sometink which muz be done... whether flow rate important anot is one thing, but whether u wan ur filter to work well anot is another thing
gereld_hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
the_r0ck

The Eden 501 has been the subject of criticism of its falling flowrate after a short period of usage. But proper maintainence at least once every 3 months should be fine.

I guess its partly due to the design and its wattage. For its flowrate it really takes in quite low wattage, thus the lack in power. Its not an Eheim where it is super energy efficient. The 501 sometimes can have problems bringing water up to a tank just about 1 feet plus above it.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:42 AM   #13
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

My eden 501 recently has been spitting out pieces of mulms, thus polluting my tank. Anyone encounter the similar situation before as well ?
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #14
superFishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
The Eden 501 has been the subject of criticism of its falling flowrate after a short period of usage. But proper maintainence at least once every 3 months should be fine.

I guess its partly due to the design and its wattage. For its flowrate it really takes in quite low wattage, thus the lack in power. Its not an Eheim where it is super energy efficient. The 501 sometimes can have problems bringing water up to a tank just about 1 feet plus above it.
sorry for digging up this thread. as mentioned hor, that means i cannot put the canister on the floor and the tank on my table? mus be same level arh?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
steroiduser88

yes cause the eden 501 is not like those type of huge eheim filters we all have hence when putting it on the table pump doesnt have to work so hard or even better abit higher we get leverage hence the flow rate out of the pump can be maintained at a reasonable speed.

when you put on the floor the pump has to work doubly hard to pump water up against gravity hence flowrate experiences a significant decrease as the pump rotor speed has a fixed upper limit.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #16
henRee!
Mass Seller - Bettas

This pump still available in SG anot?It was like three years back.
henRee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #17
Chew
Arofanatic

Its still available in shops such as C328..
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #18
henRee!
Mass Seller - Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Its still available in shops such as C328..
Oh thanks alot thought its all sold out already.
henRee! is offline   Reply With Quote