Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 11-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #41
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

so there should be 3 bubble counter connecting to each branch? but if you have solved the problem, then I think should be ok.
depends on the diffuser, some might need more pressure than the other..
which looks something like this..

fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #42
globalcookie
Dragon

More updates of the newly planted tank.

1. Fan and CO2 Tube
Fan on a DIY mount. I used a stick, 'plastered' the stick with strong black fabric based masking tape so it doesn't look unsightly. There's a On/Off switch for the socket which I had.

The CO2 tube running to the left side of the tank, is stick to the top part of the tank with double sided tape so it doesn't get all over the place.

2. Full View (front)
Full view (front) of the completed tank. Will need to tidy up a little if possible. The outlet/inlet hose to canister are attached together using cable tie so they are kept orderly. Outlet rainbar is positioned in the mid height on the left side, just behind the driftwood, so water doesn't splatter nor make sound.

Using 2 CO2 supplies, both using diffuser for now.

3. Left Side- Driftwood and Plants
There are 2 driftwoods here. The taller one, I made a mistake, forgotten to measure the highest point. End up tying plants all the way to the top (once evaporation takes place, the top 1" will be above water) The smaller driftwood sits on the bigger one. Both of them fully tied with Mini USF.

I have a few other plants around the driftwood. The long leaf plant (not sure of the name is behind and in front of the rain bar. Partly to 'camo' the rain bar in future. There' another plant where it looks a little like Cai Xin (veg) and another red stem plant (the other side). These plants are to help soften the current 'hard' driftwood look once it matures.

4. Right Side- Driftwood and Plants
There are 3 driftwoods here.
- 1 was what I had previously, tied with Mini USF a month ago (taking shape now), which I placed near to the 2 new driftwoods
- Big driftwood (middle), again tied with Mini USF on some branches. APP on 1 branch. A bit of flame moss in between.
- Tall driftwood (right) has Christmas Moss tied to the 'trunk'.

Some plants behind/around the driftwoods

The back side of these 3 driftwood. That wire (fan) has been stick to the top/side of the tank so it's kept neat.

-----------------

In total, took almost 8 hours work (including time to go down buy things... ran out of sewing thread to tie plant, and making muffins )

It was my first full scale planted tank. Challenging and exciting, but enjoyable process.

Last edited by globalcookie; 11-01-2016 at 12:04 PM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #43
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
so there should be 3 bubble counter connecting to each branch? but if you have solved the problem, then I think should be ok.
depends on the diffuser, some might need more pressure than the other..
which looks something like this..
This piece is a little different, the splitter outlet goes upwards thus can attach different counters.

Lorkon gave me those items and actually took the trouble to come over and hook it up too. Very grateful to him for taking time out on a Sunday.

I take que from the BPS in that single counter, and adjust the bubbles in both the CO2 diffuser by looking at the intensity of tiny CO2 bubbles coming out.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #44
ts168
Arofanatic

beautiful scape. thanks for sharing
ts168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #45
globalcookie
Dragon

Tidying up some of the mess last night. 2 small issues noticed not with the tank.....

(1) Canister tap seems leaking. Thought it was the short hose connecting canister to valve, changed that hose but this morning still saw a drop of water. Got to troubleshoot again tonight.

(2) CO2 tank emptied! Think the intensive blasting of CO2 the last few days drained the near empty tank. Gotta run to NA later unless there are other shops to top up that's convenient.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #46
burntrubber
Dragon

East Ocean does swap like NA for Co2 canisters. Can go there for hainanese curry rice as well.
burntrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #47
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

if CO2 finished at a fast speed, there might be a leak somewhere .. do check it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Tidying up some of the mess last night. 2 small issues noticed not with the tank.....

(1) Canister tap seems leaking. Thought it was the short hose connecting canister to valve, changed that hose but this morning still saw a drop of water. Got to troubleshoot again tonight.

(2) CO2 tank emptied! Think the intensive blasting of CO2 the last few days drained the near empty tank. Gotta run to NA later unless there are other shops to top up that's convenient.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #48
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrubber View Post
East Ocean does swap like NA for Co2 canisters. Can go there for hainanese curry rice as well.
Nope, went there this round. They took in my cylinder and have to wait 3-4 days. Next round will go NA since it's 1-to-1 swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
if CO2 finished at a fast speed, there might be a leak somewhere .. do check it...
Actually not fast. Could have been running for a year or more. Just that last weekend blast it high, thus it just drained out maybe 1-2 weeks earlier.
Old 13-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #49
Royston
Dragon

Perhaps you can zoom in to the plants so we can try to ID them for you.
Royston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #50
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

maybe your co2 not get from them..