Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 08-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #21
andyteo
Arofanatic

my fish was caught from bishan park, i just do normal water changing.
andyteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #22
FryDaddy
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Not really hardy. I tried keeping them when catch mine from the kaki bukit site. More than half died overnight, even though I am using conditioned water.

Maybe I do not now how to condition them. The uncle at amk st 51 does a good job. His guppies usually dun die wheni buy them to put in my tank.

You know how to condition them?
Maybe died because no acclimatization?

Last time when I first caught them I do not know how to keep them survive for long. When I was young I take them with fingers and put into pail, or simply net with rocks, so majority already injured by me

Best is keep them with the same longkang water first. Then after few times of WC they will used to it. That is how I keep them alive.
FryDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #23
patclay
Dragon

I think our water to "clean" that the can't survive long.
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Try cedar estate near cedar secondary. Not sure still around.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Also opposite the entrance to Mandai zoo along Mandai road, slightly inside the forested area there is a stream.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #25
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
Try cedar estate near cedar secondary. Not sure still around.

Also opposite the entrance to Mandai zoo along Mandai road, slightly inside the forested area there is a stream.
Cedar estate longkang no more water liao. With all the clearing, the lomgkang long dried upliao. I used to go there catch in my sec school days.

As for mandai zoo area, catch atyour own risk as park rangers patrol these area due to the fact it is inside a nature reserve. I have seen some wild guppies there, but quamtity is very little.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 07:17 AM   #26
NI KI
Arofanatic

Mandai Rd outside Nee Soon Camp, inside the landed property area got 1 small stream used to have...long time never go...don't know still have ornot
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #27
fishlover1971
Arofanatic

East side near the koh sek lim road has some longkang with guppies and mud skippers too. Its below the mrt tracks near spore expo. Downside is they're not easy to catch, and there's mud at the base.
fishlover1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #28
Xiao Qiu
Arofanatic

Another place : Bukit Timah Road , small drain out side Dalvey Condo.
can google search the location.
Xiao Qiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
marineguy
Arofanatic

I ever caught a bottleful of wild small fish at a small stream near a reservoir near Mandai. Barbs and wild guppies etc. its rather spooky and lots of mosquitos and spiderwebs.

Ever saw an uncle catch feeders for his arowana. Pailful of guppies etc near a long kang at kallang. I try fish there too. Rather easy to get LH and tilapias using just bread.

There is a small stream too, along punggol road, before the road leading to track 17th. Came across it while exploring. Like to explore these areas. But normally I just put them back after I retrieve them. Catch and release. haha. just for curiosity sake.
marineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #30
fishlover1971
Arofanatic

Every weekend, I see many guppies at my club pond, damn tempting to use a net to scoop it all up. Big mollies too

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineguy View Post
I ever caught a bottleful of wild small fish at a small stream near a reservoir near Mandai. Barbs and wild guppies etc. its rather spooky and lots of mosquitos and spiderwebs.

Ever saw an uncle catch feeders for his arowana. Pailful of guppies etc near a long kang at kallang. I try fish there too. Rather easy to get LH and tilapias using just bread.

There is a small stream too, along punggol road, before the road leading to track 17th. Came across it while exploring. Like to explore these areas. But normally I just put them back after I retrieve them. Catch and release. haha. just for curiosity sake.
fishlover1971 is offline   Reply With Quote