Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #61
LauLanChu
Dragon

Well said, bro lov, right to say those who embraces and defends to death about what GW can do and CW cannot have not really found the magic of CW Remember sky is the limit, in life, if we don't explore, we will never know and will stagnate and fall behind.
Moreover, already stated very clearly in my earlier thread this whole hobby is about Goldfish Appreciation. Which method allow you to do at ease and which prevent it with impracticality answer is very obvious
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #62
FieryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
To date, no one has shown me or this forum that my CW method is more inferior to the use of GW. What GW can do to my goldfish that I have missed out.
So brudder, what is your system leh?Last time I think you say with algae on walls right so must be under sun, right? What is this thing about changing top water and how to do it? automatic or use hand one?
Old 24-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #63
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta
So brudder, what is your system leh?Last time I think you say with algae on walls right so must be under sun, right? What is this thing about changing top water and how to do it? automatic or use hand one?
Pay him a visit and I'm sure he will explain his whole system to you. Hard to explain without seeing the setup. I have seen it several times, it is a bit messy though.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #64
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh
Pay him a visit and I'm sure he will explain his whole system to you. Hard to explain without seeing the setup. I have seen it several times, it is a bit messy though.
My home is open to those willing to learn from my mistakes. Many trial and errors, that is how we learn. When you come to my home, you still get a cup of free kopi with snacks. My teh is very kwat one.
Old 24-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #65
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh
Not so messy lah! Just understand the theory behind it can liao.
Old 24-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #66
FieryBetta

Quote:
I am starting this thread to understand and maybe to provoke us to think why some people embrace GW in raising their goldfish. Some even are prepared to die for just to defend its use. I am also not trying to convert hobbyist to embrace CW or discourage the use of GW.

Personally, I am not against the use of GW but what I cannot understand is in what areas are the use of GW superior to what I am currently practicing? I must qualify that I am in no way an expert because I am still lacking in the many areas in the hobby especially treatment of diseases and breeding.

As most people will know that I am not particularly fond of GW and that I feel that there is a better alternative. Let me share why I think what I am currently doing is not inferior to the use of GW.

1. I can see my fish very clearly and appreciate its beauty 24 - 7.
2. Should my fish fall sick or have any problem, I can easily and quickly detect it.
3. I do not need to rent pond to keep my goldfish.
4. I do not need to rely on 100 liters per fish ratio.
5. The colour of my goldfish are brilliant red and the white are clear and my black ranchus are charcoal black.
6. My ranchus are achieving growth rate of approximately about 4 cm every 5 months.
7. My orandas and ranchus has superb wen development.
8. My raising technique has produced many prize-winning fish from "cheapo" purchases.
9. My goldfish will swim to me when I approach the tub. This gives me a sense of ownership.
10.It allows me to correct minor faults on my fish and one has even won second prize in this year's Nisai class ranchu competition.

I hope that those who are GW practitioner can share with all your side of the story. Better still if you have done experiments to show the improvements.

Many have claims zero ammonia with GW use, but have anyone done the measurement in the middle of the night, early hours of the morning or on non-sunny days.

I have always advocates that we think “out of the box” and be enterprising. Know what you are embracing because knowledge is power.
Brudders, i think need to say what system leh, otherwise people may misunderstand? if people read may think it's just between cwater vs gwater only. From posts, people also think gwater means jade gwater. This is not correct leh. people hear cw think it's just their simple cwater at home with overhead filter or something. But this is not correct for RLover's system. From diff people's posts it sounds not a simple system, someone somemore say messy.

We are talking about keeping fish to their max potential, right? If just to keep fish alive anyhow also can ...
Old 24-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #67
punk
Arofanatic

Default Mfgc

With all due respest to the winners of the recent MFGC, of course RL, who asked why the CW winners outnumbered the GW winners, may I ask whether any of the members from the two well-known local goldfish clubs ( Vermillion and Ozeki ) which practised GW outdooor pond rearing, took part? Was it due to their organising the MFGC or they had contributed someone as a judge, thus there is a bar from taking part for its members?

If they didn't take part, then isn't it likely that a comparison btw GW and CW grooming techniques are not accurate? I mean, both the clubs are esteemed for their GW rearing methods and had produced countless champion gfs, and if they didn't compete at MFGC, we can't compare CW winners with the GW champs, right?

I 'm not joining in to add fire or anything, no offence to anyone, just want to highlight a very pertinent point that btw CW and GW, is it accurate to use the MFGC alone to conclude which methods of gf rearing is best? I think it would be a more level competition if in future, there can be national GF competition and international judges are invited to judge, and of course, participation by Vermillion and Ozeki members with their GW gfs against CW gfs.

I really didn't like to jump in to compare which is best,as I said earlier... but reading thru 7 pages, aren't we sharing and discussing the CW and GW merits and demerits , with some side-tracking, vibes...but ultimately I think all will need to agree to come up with a measureable STANDARD to judge btw CW and GW gf rearing method?
punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #68
FieryBetta

Quote:
Take the recent MFGC. Between me and another "kaki" that also do not use GW, we have together won 10 prizes. Not forgetting that both of us have less than 3 years experience in keeping goldfish.

Here are what we have won
1. Best of Junior
2. 1st Oranda Class A
3. 1st Ryukin Class A
4. 1st Pearlscale A
5. 2nd Black Ranchu A
6. 2nd Black Ranchu B
7. 2nd Oranda B
8. 3rd Oranda B
9. 3rd Black Ranchu A
10.3rd Black Ranchu B

I also know of the 1st in Open A, 1st in Black A and 1st in Black B does not use GW. I wonder what happened to all the Blackies that are raised in GW?

The Grand Champion and 1st in Oranda B from Indonesia also do not use GW.

What more do you want me to say?

BTW bro/master Sotong. Care to share your credentials or show us some of your winning fish or prized collection raised with GW. What are you trying to proof here?

There is an alternative GW and probably in my view a much better one.
Vermillion took part my friend says. Correct me brudder if wrong.Question is what someone sez, how long were the 10 above groomed before competing, especially the blackies? Again, what system is used?I don’t think it is simple indoor cw leh
Old 24-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #69
LauLanChu
Dragon

Now it's getting too complicated. Of course when you talk about CW or GW there are many systems. In GW we have mud pond, cement or artificial GW. In CW, we also have many type of system, e.g different types of tank or tub, filtration...etc. Of course we are talking about good system of CW and not those CW in goldfish bowl.

The debate here should be "Why groom fish in GW and cannot appreciate them if CW can do a comparable or better job".
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #70
#CL#

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryBetta
Brudders, i think need to say what system leh, otherwise people may misunderstand? if people read may think it's just between cwater vs gwater only. From posts, people also think gwater means jade gwater. This is not correct leh. people hear cw think it's just their simple cwater at home with overhead filter or something. But this is not correct for RLover's system. From diff people's posts it sounds not a simple system, someone somemore say messy.

We are talking about keeping fish to their max potential, right? If just to keep fish alive anyhow also can ...
What's your idea of GW, since not jade green water? Can see or cannot see through? I also not sure what GW means.