Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 23-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #41
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by best88 View Post

Just to share a picture of the sole survivor out of the 100+ baby seahorses. Finally a success!
Congrats bro!
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #42
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine_lover View Post
Where you get the Hippocampus zebra? what is the price like?
CF brings in Hippocampus zebra occasionally and sells at $500/pair or $150-$200 each depending on the stock
Old 23-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #43
Crazy Dragon
Arofanatic

Quote:

Just to share a picture of the sole survivor out of the 100+ baby seahorses. Finally a success!

The baby seahorse looks cute. Congratulation!
Crazy Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #44
reborn4ever

Congratulation.. By the way do you use chiller for your seahorse tank?
Old 23-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #45
best88
Arofanatic

thanks ! i did not use any chiller , my tank temperature was around 28-29 degree .
best88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #46
whitenoise

Hi! Thanks for sharing those pics. What do you feed seahorses with? I placed some cyclop-eze in, but am never sure if the seahorses eat them.
Old 26-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #47
best88
Arofanatic

i feed them with frozen ghost shrimps but once a week i will feed them with small live marine shrimps that i brought from the malay people who always catches them because the main food of most species appears to be small shrimps and other crustaceans, but they will accept other foods in captivity. you can feed the cyclop-eze to the ghost shrimps and than awhile later you can start freezing the ghost shrimps for feeding .
Old 27-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #48
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
i feed them with frozen ghost shrimps but once a week i will feed them with small live marine shrimps that i brought from the malay people who always catches them because the main food of most species appears to be small shrimps and other crustaceans, but they will accept other foods in captivity. you can feed the cyclop-eze to the ghost shrimps and than awhile later you can start freezing the ghost shrimps for feeding .
u got from the malay people? u mean ur neighbors?

Anyway they may eat cyclopeeze, may only coz I've seen mine eat cyclopeeze occasionally but its definitely no their staple diet.

What bro best88 suggested is good, gutload the ghost shrimp with cyclopeeze then feed them to the seahorse. Alternatively you can try live brine shrimp
Old 29-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #49
best88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
u got from the malay people? u mean ur neighbors?

Anyway they may eat cyclopeeze, may only coz I've seen mine eat cyclopeeze occasionally but its definitely no their staple diet.

What bro best88 suggested is good, gutload the ghost shrimp with cyclopeeze then feed them to the seahorse. Alternatively you can try live brine shrimp
I met them at Changi fishing point. We had a chat and they said that they have a lobang to catch the small shrimps and if they caught some, they would sell them to me. I will attach a photo on how the small shrimps look like. By the way, I also bought a wild seahorse from them.

Old 30-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #50
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
I met them at Changi fishing point. We had a chat and they said that they have a lobang to catch the small shrimps and if they caught some, they would sell them to me. I will attach a photo on how the small shrimps look like. By the way, I also bought a wild seahorse from them.

Spino!!! Crap and I saw it at our good fren's place just now hahaha now I know who's the donator